Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

What brings you joy ?

Feb 2nd 2014 new
I was wondering in the process of trying to live your life right and being thankful everyday for the blessings you have what are the simple things that bring joy? A friend of mine said that drinking tea out of china cups makes her smile. There are many for me. I love seeing children smile, reading a book, watching a funny movie, talking with a friend, spending time with family etc. What are the simple things that bring you joy and make you smile?
Feb 2nd 2014 new
Hot water on my shoulders in the shower.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering in the process of trying to live your life right and being thankful everyday for the blessings you have what are the simple things that bring joy? A friend of mine said that drinking tea out of china cups makes her smile. There are many for me. I love seeing children smile, reading a book, watching a funny movie, talking with a friend, spending time with family etc. What are the simple things that bring you joy and make you smile?
The sun shining into my living room and kitchen when I get up in the mornings. . . my kids and sibs are always after me to put up curtains or blinds and I refuse. I have no neighbor beside me and none behind me and a large privacy fence, but I love, love, love coming down the hall and stepping into the sunlight, beautiful.

The deep and hearty laugh of men.

The sweet, delighted belly laugh of babies and little children.

The wonder on the face of a wee one, just exploring their world.

Getting lost in a good book, curled up with a soft blanket and a pillow :-).

Just being with friends and family on the patio, laughing, talking, telling stories and jokes, remembering. . .that brings me joy.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
Listening to music I like. Watching Christmas cartoons. The smell of a chocolate cake or cookies in the oven. smile
Feb 2nd 2014 new
Receiving a message from CM member who is in my favorite profiles.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering in the process of trying to live your life right and being thankful everyday for the blessings you have what are the simple things that bring joy? A friend of mine said that drinking tea out of china cups makes her smile. There are many for me. I love seeing children smile, reading a book, watching a funny movie, talking with a friend, spending time with family etc. What are the simple things that bring you joy and make you smile?
Helping someone in need.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
The laugh of my favorite priest Fr. McCenna who is so humble and giving.
Feb 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Jeremiah-77825 said: Receiving a message from CM member who is in my favorite profiles.
Jerimiah I like your response.
Feb 3rd 2014 new
smile Being awakened by a puppy licking your face!
Feb 3rd 2014 new
Seeing my 16 year old smile smile
Posts 1 - 10 of 134