Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I know a good portion of the US has been involved in this horrible
winter we are having.

The Polar Vortex takes the cake. hissyfit

I managed to slip on black ice in the beginning of January and cracked a rib
against the edge of a step. It put a real damper on any laughing that I might
want to do. Laughing, breathing and coughing were quite difficult in the
beginning. I am much better now. clap

But, I still find this winter to be too cold, too snowy and too long. And it
hardly has begun.

How is it by where you are? scratchchin cloud cloud cloud

Feb 03 new

Oooh, ouch, Marianne.
I hope your are better now.

We've been so far below freezing this year that when it gets close to zero, we shovel without coats or gloves. The big problem I have now is there is no where to put the snow. My banks are as tall as I am.

Yep, I'm ready for spring.

Feb 04 new
10 inches of snow at my apartment yesterday. fluffy My workplace (which is practically right across the street) was closed.

My friend Chuck was over late yesterday afternoon to help me do some straightening up in my apartment, and he also shoveled my walk so I could get my Rolling Along out to my car this morning.

Dreaming of warmer weather. Only 55 days until the pirate home opener, which I plan to attend. baseball
Feb 04 new
A t-shirt for all of us who are enduring this weather: www.spreadshirt.com
Feb 04 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I know a good portion of the US has been involved in this horrible
winter we are having.

The Polar Vortex takes the cake.

I managed to slip on black ice in the beginning of January and cracked a rib
against the edge of a step. It put a real damper on any laughing that I might
want to do. Laughing, breathing and coughing were quite difficult in the
beginning. I am much better now.

But, I still find this winter to be too cold, too snowy and too long. And it
hardly has begun.

How is it by where you are?

I can imagine your doctor prescribing no laughter- no comedy clubs, no Late Night with David Letterman! Good thing you didn't hit your noggin. Florida is full of people who were tired of the winter weather, but they soon tire of the miserable, oppressive summer heat!
Feb 04 new
Let it snow
Feb 04 new
I saw a FB post that had a picture of a church, with a message on the reader board "Whoever has been praying for snow, please stop."

My response, "I've been praying for snow, but it keeps going to the wrong place." My state, and several neighboring states, are looking at record low snowpacks and precipitation for the year, which could send the entire region into a severe drought. All the faithful in the region have been praying for massive snowfalls to alleviate the situation, but it seems that all the snow keeps going where they don't need it, instead of coming where we do need it.

As for the cold, winter is sticking around for 6 more weeks, so get used to it. March will come in like a lion and bring with it the warmer temperatures.
Feb 04 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: A t-shirt for all of us who are enduring this weather: http://www.spreadshirt.com/i-survived-the-polar-vortex-t-shirts-C3376A14320169
I am going to wait until April to buy the T-shirt, to be sure I actually survive this winter!
Feb 04 new
(quote) Dennis-754668 said: Let it snow
Amen. My favorite season is Spring, but a hard winter doesn't deter me. It just makes Spring seem that much better! Plus hopefully it'll diminish the stinkbugs and ladybugs that seem to have infiltrated my house.
Feb 04 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Florida is full of people who were tired of the winter weather, but they soon tire of the miserable, oppressive summer heat!
I lived in Florida for 8 years and the saying went:

There are 4 seasons in Florida - early summer, summer, late summer and next summer.
Posts 1 - 10 of 101