Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

www.vancouversun.com. ......................... it's one step forward and ten back
Feb 4th 2014 new
Could not get the article.
Feb 4th 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Could not get the article.
Tr this link:

www.vancouversun.com
Feb 8th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-857876 said: http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Developmentally+disabled+worry+over+challenges+system/9460566/sto... ......................... it's one step forward and ten back

Susan:

I recently read a book about an autistic girl who lived in Canada. Her

parents had to pay for all the care. It was a specific type of care and it was

very time consuming. She is much better now. I saw her on the show,

The Doctors. So, I got the book and read it.

Why doesn't Canada pay for that type of care? Does it come under mental

illness in Canada? In New York, if you live in a good school district, the

school budget pays to have the kids go to special schools.

Feb 8th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: Tr this link:

www.vancouversun.com/health/advocacy+group+demands+politicans+talk+about+care+autistic/8340835/story.html

Thanks, Paul. It worked.

What kind of weather are you having out there?

Feb 8th 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Thanks, Paul. It worked.

What kind of weather are you having out there?

It has been very cold for us. Down in the single digits the last few nights. Right now its 36 degrees.

Although they have been predicting possible snow for the last couple of days, we have so far escaped the snow that Portland OR. got hit with. It has actually been sunny and cold instead.

We are heading into a warming trend which, at this time of the year, means rain. As we transition into it, we could get that snow.

Believe it or not, I have a camellia bush that is in bloom. And there are some other bushes that normal bloom at this time of the year that are blossoming or in the process.

Normally winter is usually over by the end of this month. That is, our normal last frost date is right around Feb. 28th give or take a couple of days. But this winter has been drier and colder than usual. Snow pack in the mountains is way below normal. That spells trouble for irrigation in central Washington this summer and possibly for water supplies in general for the western part of the state.

The major water source for the Western side of the state are the Cascades and the Olympic Mountains. I can see the olympib=cs from my front window and there is very little snow up there.
Feb 8th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: It has been very cold for us. Down in the single digits the last few nights. Right now its 36 degrees.

Although they have been predicting possible snow for the last couple of days, we have so far escaped the snow that Portland OR. got hit with. It has actually been sunny and cold instead.

We are heading into a warming trend which, at this time of the year, means rain. As we transition into it, we could get that snow.

Believe it or not, I have a camellia bush that is in bloom. And there are some other bushes that normal bloom at this time of the year that are blossoming or in the process.

Normally winter is usually over by the end of this month. That is, our normal last frost date is right around Feb. 28th give or take a couple of days. But this winter has been drier and colder than usual. Snow pack in the mountains is way below normal. That spells trouble for irrigation in central Washington this summer and possibly for water supplies in general for the western part of the state.

The major water source for the Western side of the state are the Cascades and the Olympic Mountains. I can see the olympib=cs from my front window and there is very little snow up there.

Why are your winters so much shorter than ours. You seem to be so far Northwest.

I have to look up our last frost date. I think it is much later though. It seems

Southern California is having a bad drought too. No rain.

Feb 8th 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Why are your winters so much shorter than ours. You seem to be so far Northwest.

I have to look up our last frost date. I think it is much later though. It seems

Southern California is having a bad drought too. No rain.

I looked up the frost date for Kingston, WA and it said April 28. So what

date is Feb 28. Is that the beginning of no snow or something. Our frost

date is the last week in April, also.

Feb 8th 2014 new
Hi Marianne

the schools provide very sub standard education for autistics
unless they are hugely high iq......[parents still pay a lot out of pocket for social skills]

compare 33ok per year for group home care for a lifetime
[my son was there a few years awaiting treatment for his undiagnosed
schizophrenia] to a few thousand per month to get improvement
Waitlist for psychiatrist was almost 2 years because of autism.
[developmentally challenged folks
live in poverty unless their families work as hard as I do]

Some US states are okay for treament............I paid $50k
in 2010 and 2011 to bring treatment for NY and later California
[government subsidy paid about 1% of the tutoring]

Only those families with huge dedication get good results with severe autism imho.
I went on tv many times and my son is home 3 years now and at 24 is finally a
part time taxpayer...[it's private so the government cannot take it away]

thanks for asking as it is my passion.......my two nieces need something like
this too but they re so far falling through the cracks

Posts 1 - 9 of 9