Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

leased with the speaker?

Feb 5th 2014 new
Just saw rugs one on FB. Are you happy with the speaker of the House, John Behner?
firethespeaker.act.freedomworks.org
Feb 5th 2014 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: Just saw rugs one on FB. Are you happy with the speaker of the House, John Behner?
https://firethespeaker.act.freedomworks.org/?source=FWFBfirespeaker#primary_form
Yes, I am happy with Speaker Boehner. He has the cajones to stand up to the corrosive "Tea Party." There is a saying that if you are digging a hole and you find you can no longer climb out, first stop digging. The GOP has clearly not figured that out yet. Unless they break up the circular firing squad and realize that 2016 is a hopeless pipe dream unless they find a solution, count on President Hillary. Republicans can remain strong fiscal conservatives, pro-Life and pro traditional marriage, but like Governor Jindal notably stated a few years ago, they have to stop being the stupid party. We need to make it crystal clear that a handful of Christian fundamentalists and the even more loopy Christian Zionists do not speak for the majority. Republicans must begin appealing to people who are not foaming at the mouth to send our sons and daughters to fight another unnecessary Middle East war. Let's put American interests first for a change!

Frankly, the people most talked about for the 2016 Presidential nomination are proof that the GOP is still digging that hole- Creationists and war enthusiasts all.
Feb 5th 2014 new

Clair

I think John Boehner is basically a good man caught up in a very vile world - present day Washington politics. I do not agree with Peter as I feel the Tea Party is one of the most important movements as it shows that apathy and indifference are not to be tolerated in retaining the rights of our Founding Fathers. The individuals who wish to run for president in 2016-Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Dr.Ben Carson are all intelligent people who are pro-life, pro-traditional marriage and pro-freedom-they are non war mongers. The Tea Party has also helped put many individuals in the Senate, House of Reps and state governors who are not politicians and are doing an excellent job.

Feb 5th 2014 new
Standing up to the Tea party? The GOP is as progressive as the Democrats. The Tea party wants a return to Constitutional rule. How is that fanatical? The GOP leadership is more concerned about being liked by those who hate them, us, than doing the correct thing. There is something about these people in the Bible, not?
Feb 5th 2014 new
The Republican party needs to focus on winning elections, especially the Presidency and right now they don't have a snowball's chance in hell in 2016. Like it or not, we're not going to win without attracting conservative and moderate Democrats. Many in the President's own party are abandoning him because of his intransigency and that's a good thing, but we are also self destructing with the same malady. Condemning half of the party is not helping it get it's act together. The GOP should gather at a retreat somewhere, order a beer truck and hash out their differences. Failing that, I think it's time for a third party.
Feb 5th 2014 new
trYour replies confuse me Peter. At first it sounded like you were blaming the T party. The second post not. Being 90 - 95% of a Democrat won't attract anyone. What exposure to the T party do you have that you labeled them religious fanatics?
Feb 5th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: The Republican party needs to focus on winning elections, especially the Presidency and right now they don't have a snowball's chance in hell in 2016. Like it or not, we're not going to win without attracting conservative and moderate Democrats. Many in the President's own party are abandoning him because of his intransigency and that's a good thing, but we are also self destructing with the same malady. Condemning half of the party is not helping it get it's act together. The GOP should gather at a retreat somewhere, order a beer truck and hash out their differences. Failing that, I think it's time for a third party.
This is the continual mantra of the liberal press and by planting the seed of doubt even conservative Republicans are believing there is not anyone to beat Hilary Clinton-say it enough and people who can not think for themselves will believe it. I recently spoke to a liberal doctor who due to Obama care and its affect on his practice is going to a cash co-pay system. He said to me (and my jaw nearly dropped to the floor) that even though he is quite liberal left the Tea Party seems to be the only people who can think for themselves. We must be positive and pray and work towards the good of society and not what the liberal media says is so. Personally with Hilary Clinton's communistic views, problems with alcohol addiction and Bengazi who with any intelligence would vote for her?
Feb 5th 2014 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: The Republican party needs to focus on winning elections, especially the Presidency and right now they don't have a snowball's chance in hell in 2016. Like it or not, we're not going to win without attracting conservative and moderate Democrats. Many in the President's own party are abandoning him because of his intransigency and that's a good thing, but we are also self destructing with the same malady. Condemning half of the party is not helping it get it's act together. The GOP should gather at a retreat somewhere, order a beer truck and hash out their differences. Failing that, I think it's time for a third party.
This is the continual mantra of the liberal press and by planting the seed of doubt even conservative Republicans are believing there is not anyone to beat Hilary Clinton-say it enough and people who can not think for themselves will believe it. I recently spoke to a liberal doctor who due to Obama care and its affect on his practice is going to a cash co-pay system. He said to me (and my jaw nearly dropped to the floor) that even though he is quite liberal left the Tea Party seems to be the only people who can think for themselves. We must be positive and pray and work towards the good of society and not what the liberal media says is so. Personally with Hilary Clinton's communistic views, problems with alcohol addiction and Bengazi who with any intelligence would vote for her?
Feb 5th 2014 new

To Peter's idea of the beer party to hash out the differences in the GOP - excellent idea and I would like Ted Nugent and his band playing-hey maybe Uncle Ted should run for president.

Feb 5th 2014 new
thumbsup Fr. Pacwa's Feb. 4, 2014 episode talked in part about separating reason from though. It was called the Enlightenment after the French Revolution.
Posts 1 - 10 of 15