Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

• This is a question for both genders to discuss. Thanks for helping me understand this thought pattern. 

God gave us free will that we might have real love for Him. This gift is part of the reason behind Original Sin. OS brought chaos to the world and we are still working out our salvation.

I just saw a profile that presents a contradiction to what I've been taught. The Match section sought someone who "respects me and my career". The profile also states disagreement on contraception and pre marital sex.

Now the hard part. How do we as evangelists educate people who have been lied to by secular pressure? We are made in the image of God. there is dignity in the human body. The Word was made incarnate to teach us of this dignity. Theology of the Body pivots on this point that our body is important to our eternal life.

I just can't see how living lifestyles that treat the human body as an object that can be discarded with the empty milk jug is respecting it?

Is this a cry for help? I've been caught by this lie. I need someone who respects me to teach me how to respect myself?

Feb 05 new
I've never met anyone who didn't want to be treated with respect. They probably buy the lie that having sex outside of marriage is the only way to make sure you're compatible. They probably think it's okay as long as you love each other. And they are probably asking for respect because they've been treated with disrespect. Those are my guesses. A lot of people aren't taught Catholic sexual teaching. It isn't preached at a lot of Churches or talked about much elsewhere. It would be easy to grow up Catholic and never learn the Church teaching on practically everything. Whatever you do, do treat them with respect and kindness. If they have been mistreated, they'll really appreciate it, and you might even touch their hearts.
Feb 05 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: This is a question for both genders to discuss. Thanks for helping me understand this thought pattern. 

God gave us free will that we might have real love for Him. This gift is part of the reason behind Original Sin. OS brought chaos to the world and we are still working out our salvation.

I just saw a profile that presents a contradiction to what I've been taught. The Match section sought someone who "respects me and my career". The profile also states disagreement on contraception and pre marital sex.

Now the hard part. How do we as evangelists educate people who have been lied to by secular pressure? We are made in the image of God. there is dignity in the human body. The Word was made incarnate to teach us of this dignity. Theology of the Body pivots on this point that our body is important to our eternal life.

I just can't see how living lifestyles that treat the human body as an object that can be discarded with the empty milk jug is respecting it?

Is this a cry for help? I've been caught by this lie. I need someone who respects me to teach me how to respect myself?
Top Reply with Message
Hello Clair,

There is a great book you could suggest to this person? or create a forum about what you just discussed. It's called Theology of the body. If this link also helps you to communicate effectively your thoughts, here it is:

www.usccb.org.

United States conference of catholic bishops

blessings,
sharon
Feb 05 new
Take a shot and ask them first what they meant by their answers before assuming that they do not understand and need to be evangelized.

Their answer might surprise you
Feb 05 new
You are a caring person Clair, spoken in love, your questioning is less likely to offend
Feb 05 new
I sometimes do ask them, "With what do you disagree?" Rare is the reply to that email. Plant the seed and let the Holy Spirit take over!
Feb 05 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: This is a question for both genders to discuss. Thanks for helping me understand this thought pattern.

Speaking of odd "thought patterns" Clair, how about this one :

No, to Church teaching on premarital sex.

Yes, to Church teaching on contraception.

I have seen this in several ladies' profiles on CM. I am not sure what to make of it. boggled wide eyed

Feb 05 new
(quote) Dan-1002097 said:

I have seen this in several ladies' profiles on CM. I am not sure what to make of it.

This means that they want to have babies out of wedlock. wide eyed
Feb 05 new
(quote) Dan-1002097 said:

I have seen this in several ladies' profiles on CM. I am not sure what to make of it.

I saw one just like this and I wondered if that meant she would be happy to have sex outside of marriage but not to use contraception - so wasn't she worried about pregnancy?? It did seem strange to me.

Feb 06 new
(quote) Annie-1040839 said:

I saw one just like this and I wondered if that meant she would be happy to have sex outside of marriage but not to use contraception - so wasn't she worried about pregnancy?? It did seem strange to me.

gangster Shotgun weddings are the rage?
Posts 1 - 10 of 136