Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

keyword search

Feb 06 new
I'm wondering why there's no keyword search for profiles. Let's's say you're looking for a lady who likes llamas wouldn't it be cool to be able to search for llamas?
Feb 06 new
You could always list llamas as one of your favorite things - which would then become an available search criteria in your custom search configuration. I know - not quite what you were hoping for - but probably as close as you'll get with the current configuration.
Feb 06 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: You could always list llamas as one of your favorite things - which would then become an available search criteria in your custom search configuration. I know - not quite what you were hoping for - but probably as close as you'll get with the current configuration.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't even find that anymore.
Feb 06 new
Search --> New Search -->Basic Criteria-->Favorite Things
But it is not an editable field just a drop down - and only lists what you have as favorites.
My suggestion was a bit more of a joke - though it could be done.
But would be labor intensive on the searcher that's for sure.

Feb 06 new
(quote) John-132457 said: Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't even find that anymore.
John,

I'm assuming the list of Favorite "things" doesn't list LLamas as maybe that did not show up in anyones profile? scratchchin Praying
Feb 08 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Search --> New Search -->Basic Criteria-->Favorite Things
But it is not an editable field just a drop down - and only lists what you have as favorites.
My suggestion was a bit more of a joke - though it could be done.
But would be labor intensive on the searcher that's for sure.

Well, it's an available tool, so why not use it? Tried it, got three lovely ladies, all young enough to be my daughter. C'est la vie. smile Either "llamas' aren't very popular with women my age, or folks aren't including 'em in their favorites. C'est la vie.
Feb 15 new
(quote) John-132457 said: I'm wondering why there's no keyword search for profiles. Let's's say you're looking for a lady who likes llamas wouldn't it be cool to be able to search for llamas?
But John, no where in your profile do you list a fondness for llamas, so that Llama-lovin' female can't find you. I don't know anything about Llamas myself, except that I think they are cute. However, probably up close, I'd be worried about being spit at. Or is that Alpacas?
Feb 15 new
(quote) John-132457 said: I'm wondering why there's no keyword search for profiles. Let's's say you're looking for a lady who likes llamas wouldn't it be cool to be able to search for llamas?
In all seriousness, I have found it frustrating that there is no search criteria field to further narrow your interests in someone that might put something in the wording of their profile but doesn't fit within the confined "pre-populated" drop-down list.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8