Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Curious? Ideal 1-2 Kids

Feb 10th 2014 new
I am seeing this constantly in profiles. Wondering why catholics living according to Gods Holy Will for us in Marriage would chose this? My sister has 2 kids because thats all God sent her. She was sad for a while but eventually recovered. So 1-2 kids is not her Ideal.

More than 5 is my ideal because I have 8 living and miscarried 4 more. I would have liked more but time ran out. That was Gods plan for me. So why 1-2 as IDEAL.

Anyone know. Help needed.
Feb 10th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: I am seeing this constantly in profiles. Wondering why catholics living according to Gods Holy Will for us in Marriage would chose this? My sister has 2 kids because thats all God sent her. She was sad for a while but eventually recovered. So 1-2 kids is not her Ideal.

More than 5 is my ideal because I have 8 living and miscarried 4 more. I would have liked more but time ran out. That was Gods plan for me. So why 1-2 as IDEAL.

Anyone know. Help needed.
Hello,

I wished I could help you out, however I don't know how to read people's minds or thoughts when they answer their questions??? For me, I would have loved to have 10 kids, ;0) I love kids and I know they are definitely gifts from heaven. I always dreamed of big holidays, looking across a huge table of kids fighting, food fights, later gradually when they grew, I'd look down that huge table, and see all the daughter and son-in laws with all the grandkids, and just sigh at the sight of a huge family. There is nothing like family, some would say you can't afford to feed that many mouths, how do you put them all through college. Well how did my grandmother do it who has 12 kids? They were poor, lived on a farm, grew their own food and just lived without having materialist junk. They had God, they had love and hard work.

Here is to people return to the idea of allowing God to determine how many children he wants to bless you with hug

Then there is the natural Catholic family planning, where if a family needs a few years between kids, you can always exercise the methods of the teachings of the Catholic Church, you can also have a dialogue between each other as husband and wife and have open communication along with self control.

blessings,
Sharon
Feb 10th 2014 new
(quote) Sharon-975094 said: Hello,

I wished I could help you out, however I don't know how to read people's minds or thoughts when they answer their questions??? For me, I would have loved to have 10 kids, ;0) I love kids and I know they are definitely gifts from heaven. I always dreamed of big holidays, looking across a huge table of kids fighting, food fights, later gradually when they grew, I'd look down that huge table, and see all the daughter and son-in laws with all the grandkids, and just sigh at the sight of a huge family. There is nothing like family, some would say you can't afford to feed that many mouths, how do you put them all through college. Well how did my grandmother do it who has 12 kids? They were poor, lived on a farm, grew their own food and just lived without having materialist junk. They had God, they had love and hard work.

Here is to people return to the idea of allowing God to determine how many children he wants to bless you with

Then there is the natural Catholic family planning, where if a family needs a few years between kids, you can always exercise the methods of the teachings of the Catholic Church, you can also have a dialogue between each other as husband and wife and have open communication along with self control.

blessings,
Sharon
Excellent post, Sharon.

We can speculate as to why people might answer questions as they do, but the only way to get an accurate answer is to ask them directly.

Feb 10th 2014 new
Thanks for answers. I would not llike to challenge someone> I think that would be rude.I think though they would no doubt reject me as a suitable spouse. People have challenged me over some on my answers at times. So I have changed my profile to make in more generic. Maybe someone has the answers. This I pose as a senior member of CM not someone young who is planning a family.
Feb 10th 2014 new

It's a silly question and completely irrelevant.

You end up with the number of children you're supposed to have (for whatever reason). Whether or not you think it's "ideal" is meaningless.

All I want to know is, do you have kids who live at home, or do you have visitation rights?

Feb 10th 2014 new
How many children you have after they've grown up is hardly an issue...unless they still live at home.
Feb 13th 2014 new
Marge it should not be an issue but actually it is an issue for lots of men. Why. I dont know. I have actuallly change my response to Dont have an ideal because I think that is probably more God Centred.
Feb 13th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: I am seeing this constantly in profiles. Wondering why catholics living according to Gods Holy Will for us in Marriage would chose this? My sister has 2 kids because thats all God sent her. She was sad for a while but eventually recovered. So 1-2 kids is not her Ideal.

More than 5 is my ideal because I have 8 living and miscarried 4 more. I would have liked more but time ran out. That was Gods plan for me. So why 1-2 as IDEAL.

Anyone know. Help needed.
Very perceptive, Claire, and something people in childbearing years might want to notice. The answer might be in a person's answers about contraception and sanctity of life in the church's teachings section.
Feb 16th 2014 new
We might have our ideals but as Catholics we know that God is in charge.
I always had four as my ideal.Sometimes I wonder if our ideals come from what God wants of us.However,it may or may not materialise.I suppose we will find out when we meet him.
Feb 16th 2014 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: Very perceptive, Claire, and something people in childbearing years might want to notice. The answer might be in a person's answers about contraception and sanctity of life in the church's teachings section.
EXACTLY!! I have always considered it the "trick question" (teachers always have to have a trick question!) on the profile. Of course there is "no ideal", but if someone answers, "1-2 kids" and then says they agree with the teachings of the church on contraception AND sanctity of life, you know they are "confused". Interestingly the enough I see it all of the time on CM profiles.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10