Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

As I was listening to my local (Pittsburgh) sports talk radio tonight, I heard a comment regarding whether the Steelers would sign an openly gay draft pick like Michael Sam. Rooney is a devout Catholic and as president of the Steelers I'd presume he would have some say in whether Sam is to be considered.
Feb 12th 2014 new
Well, the Green Bay Packers did hire Aaron Rodgers.
Apr 5th 2014 new
Paul,

Art Rooney is a conservative owner who believes in the values most of us older people believe in. Openly gay players don't belong in sports, period. But when it comes to Rooney, I doubt he would want to pick up a gay player. There are too many distractions involved in the circus which is drafting an openly gay player. Sam is a part time player at best for any team in the league. If the kid were a top prospect, it is hard to pass on him.

Just my 2 cents,
Robert

Posts 1 - 3 of 3