Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

So much seems to be going wrong. I know it's part of life and I have so many wonderful blessings, happy times, fun, etc too. But with my sump pump breaking and then being expensive to replace with new pipes too, getting that terrible whole body flu, then strep throat, my Franciscan group promoting unCatholic beliefs, then my furnace needing repaired yesterday, my favorite lamp finally biting the dust, three bikes getting stolen from my garage last night, I'm just feeling rather overwhelmed (underwhelmed?) with how things are going. I can get new bikes and lamps, pumps and furnace, I'm healthy and strong again, and I can find another fraternity if I can't get mine to turn from doing what the bishop has condemned, so nothing is insurmountable. But I'd appreciate prayers that I get a break, at least for a while, from unhappy things happening. Thank you!
Feb 12th 2014 new
Praying Praying hug
Feb 12th 2014 new
if God gets you to it, He will get you through it!! hugs and prayers.
Feb 12th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: So much seems to be going wrong. I know it's part of life and I have so many wonderful blessings, happy times, fun, etc too. But with my sump pump breaking and then being expensive to replace with new pipes too, getting that terrible whole body flu, then strep throat, my Franciscan group promoting unCatholic beliefs, then my furnace needing repaired yesterday, my favorite lamp finally biting the dust, three bikes getting stolen from my garage last night, I'm just feeling rather overwhelmed (underwhelmed?) with how things are going. I can get new bikes and lamps, pumps and furnace, I'm healthy and strong again, and I can find another fraternity if I can't get mine to turn from doing what the bishop has condemned, so nothing is insurmountable. But I'd appreciate prayers that I get a break, at least for a while, from unhappy things happening. Thank you!
Oh Rachel. If you did not live so far from Alabama I come up there and give you a big hug and steal your bikes back from the robbers. I am so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers.

What is a sump pump? I don't think we have those in Alabama.
Feb 12th 2014 new
May God bless and comfort you in your time of trouble, and may better times be here soon.
Feb 12th 2014 new

I'm sorry, Rachel.

Sometimes things just seem to pile up. Thank you for letting us help you until you are strong enough to laugh these problems away. God is good and we trust in Him always.

Feb 12th 2014 new

I'm sorry, Rachel.

Sometimes things just seem to pile up. Thank you for letting us help you until you are strong enough to laugh these problems away. God is good and we trust in Him always.

Feb 12th 2014 new
Praying hug
Feb 12th 2014 new
Praying Praying
Feb 12th 2014 new
Hey Rachel, aren't those 'bad strings' the WORST? They come and go (they DO go) and it's usually not even clear why. But FWIW, you know that you have prayers and good wishes tonight from Duluth, Newark, Montgomery, Tinley Park, Big Lake. McHenry, Portland (OR) and icy Toronto.
Posts 1 - 10 of 54