Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I wish I had a name different than "Albert"

My grandfather , who immigrated from Scotland , and my father , were both named "Alexander" which as best I now is a common Scottish 1st name. Not disappointed I was not named "Alexander" , but I would have preferred a more Scottish name such as "Allan" which was by father's brother's 1st name.

When began socializing with the Irish in NYC I introduced myself as "Allan" , and I don't doubt that others have resorted to the subterfuge.

If you could choose a different 1st name , what would it be ?.

Feb 14 new
Frankly, I love my name Jacqueline!! Althought most call me Jackie, no regrets, I don't have a middle name and that is a small regret! But ya learn to live with it!
Feb 14 new
I love my first name! I do wish my parents would have picked a better diminutive form of it than "Margie" for me, though. Ugh. Maggie, Meg, or Daisy would have been much better!
Feb 14 new

What is the proper 1st name for "Maggie"?;. There is "Maggie the cat woman", and the songs "Wake up Maggie" and "I never see Maggie alone".

In the Army , if you fired your rifle and completely missed the target , you would see a red flag waved back and forth across the front of the target. The red flag was known as "Maggie's Drawers".

"For Christmas, Billy got a Jimmy , and Jimmy got a Billy"---- "Get It?' (Ha Ha )

The musket used by the Redcoats was a "Bess Brown" , and there is the desert "Brown Betty" which I hope some female CM members can bake.

Any others names used to identify things familiar to us ?

Feb 14 new
Personally, I'm really glad my parents named me John, because that's what everyone calls me.
Feb 14 new
I have thought about it but I plan to keep my first name. For some strange reason, some people pronounce my name as "Brent" which drives me NUTS. crazy I used to work with a lady that always called me "Chris". I played along with it and just thought it was her pet name for me.
Feb 14 new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: I have thought about it but I plan to keep my first name. For some strange reason, some people pronounce my name as "Brent" which drives me NUTS. I used to work with a lady that always called me "Chris". I played along with it and just thought it was her pet name for me.
I love my name Jamie Lynn
Feb 14 new
no
Feb 14 new
(quote) Albert-146514 said:

I wish I had a name different than "Albert"...

I already have a name different than "Albert." smile
Feb 14 new

I hate my first name, but never said so because I was named after my mother's favorite sister, who was dying when I was born.

I've never got around to calling myself anything else, because I can't think of any name I like. Oh, except Aunt Millie, of course.

Posts 1 - 10 of 109