Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

info: You are now watching this topic.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I know this dead horse has been been to death, however, I am going to beat it a little more.

Why don't men reply to a message sent? That is the question.

I am aggravated, disappointed, irritated, etc, etc. In the past two weeks I have probably sent out 4 messages. I screen my potentials very well. I really thought that they could read, write, and type but maybe not. I always send a message one to show I am an active member and two to show that this is a serious message. I always start off the same way: Hi Bill this is Jamie I hope your day is going well. Then I talk a little about his profile and the things we have in common. Then end with a Hope you have a good evening and God Bless. Do you see a marriage proposal in there anywhere? I think it must be in there somewhere. I have yet to receive a peep of a reply. Manners that's what it is. There Mother did not teach them any manners. In their profile they say nice, considerate, good with people - they need to modify their profiles. The one I am really surprised about was one close to home where my parents grew up and I still have family. Na Da, nothing, and this guy was no prince charming if you know what I mean.

What can I do different? I know there is an expert out there somewhere.
Feb 14th 2014 new
Allow me to be frank, although my name is Jackie (LOL..bad joke I know) it happens to all of us, men and women alike, so, basically, keep on keeping on, do you really want to deal with someone who doesn't have the courtesy to reply even if it's to say, 'thanks for the email, God Bless you in your search' (nicer than saying, not interested move along, LOL) The one that is truly worth it, even if it's friendship (yes, I know this is a dating site but good relationships DO start with being friends!) will acknowledge your email, don't give up, don't get discouraged, I always like to say, don't give someone else that kind of control over you...if they don't reply, oh well, if they do, great and move forward. Blessings!!
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Jamie-1031385 said: I know this dead horse has been been to death, however, I am going to beat it a little more.

Why don't men reply to a message sent? That is the question.

I am aggravated, disappointed, irritated, etc, etc. In the past two weeks I have probably sent out 4 messages. I screen my potentials very well. I really thought that they could read, write, and type but maybe not. I always send a message one to show I am an active member and two to show that this is a serious message. I always start off the same way: Hi Bill this is Jamie I hope your day is going well. Then I talk a little about his profile and the things we have in common. Then end with a Hope you have a good evening and God Bless. Do you see a marriage proposal in there anywhere? I think it must be in there somewhere. I have yet to receive a peep of a reply. Manners that's what it is. There Mother did not teach them any manners. In their profile they say nice, considerate, good with people - they need to modify their profiles. The one I am really surprised about was one close to home where my parents grew up and I still have family. Na Da, nothing, and this guy was no prince charming if you know what I mean.

What can I do different? I know there is an expert out there somewhere.

While trying to get passed the animal violence metaphor, Jamie, LOL; and admittedly no expert, I do hear your angst. You might better protect yourself by having no expectations when you send out messages; and then if you do get a response, you will be pleasantly surprised. You might also want to cultivate patience; you have not been on this site long. And lastly, it is essential that you not take anything personally; I know, easier said than done. I hope some of these ideas are helpful to you.

Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Allow me to be frank, although my name is Jackie (LOL..bad joke I know) it happens to all of us, men and women alike, so, basically, keep on keeping on, do you really want to deal with someone who doesn't have the courtesy to reply even if it's to say, 'thanks for the email, God Bless you in your search' (nicer than saying, not interested move along, LOL) The one that is truly worth it, even if it's friendship (yes, I know this is a dating site but good relationships DO start with being friends!) will acknowledge your email, don't give up, don't get discouraged, I always like to say, don't give someone else that kind of control over you...if they don't reply, oh well, if they do, great and move forward. Blessings!!
I do know it happens to everyone. This has just been one of those week. I also had a scammer go after on another web site. And I am not discouraged. The only bad thing is that none of those inconsiderate people will be reading these profiles. YOu think?
Feb 14th 2014 new
"Do you see a marriage proposal in there anywhere? I think it must be in there somewhere."

LOL. Same with me. I even had someone ask me if I would like to correspond with him and when I said yes, no reply.
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Jamie-1031385 said: ... I always start off the same way: Hi Bill this is Jamie I hope your day is going well. ...
Maybe you should vary the first name of the one to whom you write,
unless you only write to men named Bill. smile
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: Maybe you should vary the first name of the one to whom you write,
unless you only write to men named Bill.
Oh Kevin your know you've always wanted to called Bill! You're so funny!
Feb 14th 2014 new
Someone whose judgment I respect surprised me recently by taking the position that not replying to a message is actually less hurtful, or at any rate no more hurtful, than replying to with any kind of 'thanks but no thanks' message. He also argued that it's well understood in the online environment that no one is entitled to a reply. Still, he's an outlier, in my experience most people do tend to think that nothing is worse than being ignored.
Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Denise-906256 said: Oh Kevin your know you've always wanted to called Bill! ...
I suppose some standardization would simplify things. smile

www.youtube.com

Feb 14th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Someone whose judgment I respect surprised me recently by taking the position that not replying to a message is actually less hurtful, or at any rate no more hurtful, than replying to with any kind of 'thanks but no thanks' message. ...in my experience most people do tend to think that nothing is worse than being ignored.
Is to be not-replied-to the same as being ignored ?
Posts 1 - 10 of 82