Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Hi guys, I`m interested in having children at 55, but most women my age are through having children or can`t have children. That means I need to find a gal young enough to have kids. I know they`re out there, but need advise on how to ask. What do you think?
Feb 20th 2014 new

My advice is to ask yourself if you would want your dad to be 75 years old at your high school graduation? That is assuming you can meet, marry, and have children within two years. Or better yet, do you want to be alive to see them graduate? Ask your 35 year old fiance if she is prepared to raise her family as a single parent? Or are you willing to risk having children with disabilities? The older a parent is (either one), the greater chance of a cell not dividing and having a chromosome imbalance.

I'm not trying to be rude, in fact it is very much my own reality and my husband would have been only in his 60's at our children's graduation.

There are plenty of single moms out there that could use a kind, Catholic man in their lives. At your age, I'd look for a ready made family and be the dad those children don't, or may never, have. Being open to children does not mean they have to come from your loins.

Feb 20th 2014 new

Hi Edwin,

Welcome to the forums.

Be prepared for some rocky terrain in front of you if this is what you are seeking. While it is a beautiful thing that you want to be a father, and you want to be married and raise those children in the context of a family, there are many challenges in your scenario. There are not very many women that welcome the advances of men who are old enough to be their father. Also, approaching a relationship where you view the woman as the means to an end, and not as a whole person, is not a spiritually healthy mindset; it will not lead to happiness.

Too much of the time, we approach life with "I want, I want, I want", instead of "God, lead me to where I need to be". There are many single moms closer to your own age where the children could use the guidance of a father. There are many women in their forties who may still be able to conceive. These women are human beings, with personalities that may or may not mesh with yours, with circumstances that may or may not mesh with yours, with wonderful qualities and flaws, that may or may not be suitable for you. I am not telling you what you should do; I am just suggesting that there are many options in front of you to build a life with someone. And building a life with someone means looking at more than just whether or not you will be able to conceive a child with this person, because medical fertility problems can affect both the man and the woman, regardless of their ages.

Blessings in your search.

Feb 20th 2014 new
Angela said, "...Too much of the time, we approach life with "I want, I want, I want", instead of "God, lead me to where I need to be". There are many single moms closer to your own age where the children could use the guidance of a father... rose "

Succinctly and beautifully worded....and, I would add...are these not HIS children you would be raising?
Feb 20th 2014 new
My question is why now? First you would have to find someone 20+ years your senior and that alone would be hard. Never been married is a red flag after 40 and you passed that a decade and a half ago.

Don't want to sound harsh here, just curious is all!

Good luck to you Praying
Feb 20th 2014 new
My sister has a friend who is 43 now and has a 5 year old son. Her husband is 13 years older than her. At my nephew's first birthday party last year, the five year old boy, who is not well behaved at all, announced loudly several times, "My dad is 55." eyepopping Some of us were wondering how this man is going to cope with this boy when he reaches his teen years and the father is in his 60s. He is a major handful.
Feb 20th 2014 new
There a host of problems ahead of you if you insist on trying to have biological children at this late time of your life.
www.medicalnewstoday.com
www.npr.org.
healthland.time.com
www.babycentre.co.uk.
It's time to quit being selfish.
Feb 20th 2014 new
(quote) Edwin-936532 said: Hi guys, I`m interested in having children at 55, but most women my age are through having children or can`t have children. That means I need to find a gal young enough to have kids. I know they`re out there, but need advise on how to ask. What do you think?
Remember, Edwin, you asked what women think. In addition to all of the important considerations already mentioned, I echo one: "Why now"? Women are forced to face the psychological aspects of their life choices much earlier, based on obvious biological limitations. I advise that you keep the needs and interests of the child in the forefront as opposed to your own. And as others have alluded, do want a marital relationship or a baby-making machine?
Feb 20th 2014 new
Hi Edwin,

You are not the only gentleman in his 50s who wants to start a family. Consider the advice the others have given. I will not judge you. I would just remind you that you are going to limit your choices of a marriage partner. Most women of childbearing age are looking for someone close to their own age or only a little bit older.

As far as marrying into a ready-made family, that is your choice, too. There are many women who are close to your age and never married.

My advice would be to put it in your profile if you are interested in starting a family so that women past childbearing age don't contact you.
Feb 20th 2014 new
Come right out and state it clearly in your profile. Say that you want to bring a family into
the world and live the Catholic faith. And use the Holy Family as your model.
Most serious, virtuous women appreciate honesty and straitforwardness regarding
this matter.

I have read several men's profiles on this site who state that they want to father
children.
It saves my time by ruling them out.
I respond by saying that I hope they find a good woman.
Posts 1 - 10 of 188