Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Why men just disapeared

Feb 21st 2014 new
Why when I started to talk with someone and i think that will happen then he just stopped to talk to me without any reason?
It happens with you too?
I am so hurt because it happened again this week.
What do you think about?
Feb 21st 2014 new
(quote) Livia-1051939 said: Why when I started to talk with someone and i think that will happen then he just stopped to talk to me without any reason?
It happens with you too?
What do you think about?
Honestly, I think those men are hiding something that they are afraid of you finding out. Maybe they are married or there are some church teachings that they know that you frown upon a potential match for you.

If they stopped talking with you, then they are clearly hiding something and just be thankful that the communciation ceased and saved you from finding out a bigger and darker secret

Mark
Feb 21st 2014 new
Good point, Mark. I agree that if they stop talking to us then it is for the best. If a man (or woman) won't invest the time or effort then they obviously aren't worth our time or effort. I understand that it is hurtful though. We put ourselves out there and hope for good results but it seems we rarely get the good results. Keep praying that God will give you patience and discernment when searching for that special man.
Feb 21st 2014 new
(quote) Livia-1051939 said: Why when I started to talk with someone and i think that will happen then he just stopped to talk to me without any reason?
It happens with you too?
What do you think about?
Livia, I love your pics and you are quite attractive. Now, in your profile you said you like to laugh and your're looking for someone who makes you laugh. So, these guys who disappeared obviously are not making you laugh, so deflect your attention from them. Keep your head up. I think people have a false sense of security about this site in terms of a guarantee that we will meet Mr. Right here ( and quickly) and that all members are Christ-like in their interactions (i.e. responses, courtesies, etc.) Just because the site has a Catholic orientation doesn't mean there isn't the same potential for encountering people who are not interested, scammers, and another thing to keep in mind is, some members are not subscribers, so they do not have access to sending a message, only an emote. We will experience some of the same challenges in this cyber space as in the "real world." My rule of thumb is unless I see the person either f2f or on Skype, they may not exist. I learned from previous experience on another site that will remain nameless. Make sure your life is well-balanced and wait on God's perfect timing. It is better to interact with the right person than to go through unnecessary drama with the wrong one b/c we haven't exercised patience & discernment. In the meantime, check out all the forums and interact with men & women alike. There are some super people hear. There is an awesome opportunity to learn more about our faith too. Don't take any of these missed responses personally. Remember, these contacts do not know the real Livia! Praying theheart
Feb 21st 2014 new
Topic should be is why woman disappear .
Feb 21st 2014 new
I guess it happens to everyone
Feb 25th 2014 new
I think I should change for Why they (man/ woman) disappear?
What do you think?
Feb 25th 2014 new
Why do people do anything? Because we are all broken sinners. Online communication can be superficial or it can be meaningful it just depends on the people involved. Who knows why someone "disappears" there could me any number of reasons and likely not nearly as nefarious (and uncharitable) as has been suggested in this thread. Until there is a real life relationship established people have to assume that online communication is fleeting. If it happens while it can be disappointing there is little choice but to move on and look towards an experience that will be fruitful.
Feb 25th 2014 new
It happens with you too?
What do you think about?
Be prepared for a lot of rejection. JUST LOOK TO THE CROSS EVERYTIME IT HAPPENS.
Be assured it is no reflection on you or your worthiness as a person.

My advice is to not expect anything from this site; continue to develop yourself as a Catholic woman of the 21st century.....
Feb 25th 2014 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: Topic should be is why woman disappear .
Unfortunately, it seems to be the nature of online dating. Men and women alike do this. They key to meeting someone is to keep sifting, keep reaching out. That's the best way to make a connection.
Posts 1 - 10 of 21