Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Words of Radiace

Feb 21st 2014 new
So, firstly, let confess to being a fantasy novel junkie of sorts.

I started in on the Sword of Shannara series back in middle school, the Hobbit shortly thereafter, and have never looked back.

I was curious who on here, other than myself, might be eagerly awaiting the release of Brandon Sanderson's next novel, Word of Radiance, the sequel to The Way of Kings?

What I find most striking in these books is the strong portrayal of good and evil. The books is pretty dark, but when you get those glimmers of nobleness and light in the book, you just about want to whoop aloud. Sort of like watching Minas Tirith in the Lord of the Rings when it is besieged with little hope of survival and then the Riders of Rohan charge down the hillside. Gives you that strange emotion of shock, sadness and joy all at once and you can cry and laugh at the same time.

If anyone else out there is awaiting this one, let us know your thoughts and reasons for why you like this series.

Thanks!

Mark
Feb 21st 2014 new
Nice! My first post and I misspell the topic! Should have been Words of Radiance! Nearest moderator, would you fix my title!?
Posts 1 - 2 of 2