Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Is It Me?

Feb 23rd 2014 new
I'm 54 and I seem to get the impression that men in my age group seem to want a woman who is in her 50's but who looks like she is still in her 30's. Is it me or does society allow men to age with distinction and women simply to 'get old'? Why is that? They want the values and wisdom that comes with age but they don't like the aging part.
Feb 23rd 2014 new
" Car 54 where are you " . NO its woman who in there 50's / 60's who past me by many of times . When they hear teenager they start running it happen so many times . My son is a high honors , athletic , music etc . is a alter server , lector and Eucharistic minister . he has earned the Ad alteri dei , Pope Pius and several other badges . such as Kateri Tekawitha , Father McGivney and Father Damien patches . age plus wisdom and truthfulness is a plus real woman where are you.
Feb 23rd 2014 new
Amen to that, Mary. Reading to some of the profiles is a wonder what some of this men in their 60s and 70s is on their"want wish list"....a Barbie!!!
Feb 23rd 2014 new

I believe it is more subtle than what you have expressed, at least for a large portion of the gentlemen on the site.

I believe most gentlemen are looking for attractiveness, not an absolute age. They would like a lady who is "put together", healthy, fit, tastefully dressed and groomed. All of these characteristics are within the reach of every woman. Yet many women, especially as they age, let many of these things go by the wayside.

Ladies have significant control over who they attract to themselves.

Feb 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Karen-133138 said:

I believe it is more subtle than what you have expressed, at least for a large portion of the gentlemen on the site.

I believe most gentlemen are looking for attractiveness, not an absolute age. They would like a lady who is "put together", healthy, fit, tastefully dressed and groomed. All of these characteristics are within the reach of every woman. Yet many women, especially as they age, let many of these things go by the wayside.

On behalf of many gentlemen on this site (and without prior authorization, of course wink ), I say...

...thank you, Karen. smile

Feb 23rd 2014 new
I understand the subtleties that both of you are expressing. However, those subtleties cannot be shown in a profile photo. One needs to at least take that first step and meet, face to face, before having an opinion. I do take great care in not ending up as an 'old hag', so to speak. But, I have many facets....dress up, dress down, have hair done, wear makeup, don't wear makeup. All of these things make up the complete picture. A lot of men just don't want to put the energy into going that extra step. They just look at the profile photo and move on. Women are more than that, don't you think?

With men, it's a different story. They all seem to age gracefully. They don't seem to have hormones that dictate their weight from one day to the next. They always tend to look much better as their hair grays and their face develops those character lines.
Feb 23rd 2014 new
I understand the subtleties that both of you are expressing. However, those subtleties cannot be shown in a profile photo. One needs to at least take that first step and meet, face to face, before having an opinion. I do take great care in not ending up as an 'old hag', so to speak. But, I have many facets....dress up, dress down, have hair done, wear makeup, don't wear makeup. All of these things make up the complete picture. A lot of men just don't want to put the energy into going that extra step. They just look at the profile photo and move on. Women are more than that, don't you think?

With men, it's a different story. They all seem to age gracefully. They don't seem to have hormones that dictate their weight from one day to the next. They always tend to look much better as their hair grays and their face develops those character lines.
Feb 24th 2014 new
(quote) Mary-537887 said:

I would disagree. There are gentlemen who don't take care of themselves and do not age gracefully. There are gentlemen who cannot be bothered to groom themselves, take care of their health or select attractive clothing.

I think most parties on both sides would like to be involved with someone who is attractive as well as interesting, kind and generous.

Feb 24th 2014 new
(quote) Dan-1002097 said:

On behalf of many gentlemen on this site (and without prior authorization, of course ), I say...

...thank you, Karen.

You are most welcome Dan. lady's handkerchief
Feb 24th 2014 new
(quote) Karen-133138 said:

I agree, and fully believe this to be true for BOTH genders. The image we present to others is in our control. This goes for online as well as IRL.

On a dating site, members should project the best version of themselves in EVERY way - personality, social graces, fitness, looks, kindness towards others, etc. The photos we put up, the anecdotes we share, the comments we post towards or about others should all be done with good taste and tact. If there is an area that needs improvement - work on it!

Rule of thumb before putting anything online: Would I want to learn more about / get to know someone who published or wrote this same thing, or would it put me off?
(Remember, once inappropriate, whiny or unkind comments are posted, they're out there forever.)
Posts 1 - 10 of 44