Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

?s

?s

Feb 23rd 2014 new
I'm a practicing Roman Catholic who just met a gentleman who is Ukrainian Greek Catholic. I think he attends church mainly during Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter. Any questions I should ask about his church? What should I know about the Ukrainian Catholic church? Thanks.
Feb 24th 2014 new
(quote) Leanne-387609 said: I'm a practicing Roman Catholic who just met a gentleman who is Ukrainian Greek Catholic. I think he attends church mainly during Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter. Any questions I should ask about his church? What should I know about the Ukrainian Catholic church? Thanks.
Well, I can start by saying that the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church is one of the Eastern Rites of the Catholic Church. They celebrate the Liturgy of St. John Crystostom or (on Epiphany and Lent) St. Basil.

www.ukrarcheparchy.us

Feb 24th 2014 new
(quote) Leanne-387609 said: I'm a practicing Roman Catholic who just met a gentleman who is Ukrainian Greek Catholic. I think he attends church mainly during Advent/Christmas and Lent/Easter. Any questions I should ask about his church? What should I know about the Ukrainian Catholic church? Thanks.
There are numerous Ukrainian Catholic Church communities in California.

You may find useful information about them on their numerous web sites. Just Google "Ukrainian Catholic Church California" and you will see numerous sites.

Ed
Feb 25th 2014 new
Thanks for the start guys! It seems like a number of people on these threads have gone from the OF form of the Mass to the Eastern Rite form. Interesting.
Feb 25th 2014 new
WHile it's not the question you asked, for me the apparent irregular Mass attendance the other 75% of the year would be a major concern.

Posts 1 - 5 of 5