Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Prayer to find my calling

Feb 25th 2014 new
Lately, I've been so obsessed with wanting to know what God has created me for. I want to stop thinking about whether or not I'll stay single forever or if I'll end up getting married. I notice that I can start feeling very bitter towards God once I just focus on that. Instead, I want to know how I can serve God, what my talents are, and how I can use them well for Him. My heart wants to light up on fire by becoming what He has intended for me to become.
Feb 25th 2014 new
(quote) Alma-953915 said: Lately, I've been so obsessed with wanting to know what God has created me for. I want to stop thinking about whether or not I'll stay single forever or if I'll end up getting married. I notice that I can start feeling very bitter towards God once I just focus on that. Instead, I want to know how I can serve God, what my talents are, and how I can use them well for Him. My heart wants to light up on fire by becoming what He has intended for me to become.
Dearest Alma,

Be still. . . so that you can hear His whispering. Pray to the Holy Spirit for strength, enlightenment, guidance and consolation, and follow those little wiggles in your mind, that push you toward one activity or another and then follow them. See what organizations or activities are available in your parish and pray about them. Somewhere there is something that will spark that fire in you and then embrace it. And, remember that it may be for only a time and then you may be called to something else, or it may be for a very long time. God will reveal all to you in the proper time. And, that is the hard part -- that's why patience is a virtue :-). Focus on trying out what your talents might be and enjoy that learning experience. One of the hardest things to do, is to empty ourselves so God can fill us. Many, many human things keep us from surrendering to this, even when we believe we want it desperately.

And, if you find nothing in your parish, look at the diocese level or your community. God knows your talents, even the ones you don't think you have. I love the saying: God does not call the qualified, he qualifies the called. So, try out many things and always pray. Hugs.
Feb 25th 2014 new
Have you been baptised in the Holy Spirit? I found this experience really enlightening. I did eventually stray from it and that was not a good thing to do. God Bless you in your Journey towards the Light of the World.
Feb 25th 2014 new
(quote) Alma-953915 said: Lately, I've been so obsessed with wanting to know what God has created me for. I want to stop thinking about whether or not I'll stay single forever or if I'll end up getting married. I notice that I can start feeling very bitter towards God once I just focus on that. Instead, I want to know how I can serve God, what my talents are, and how I can use them well for Him. My heart wants to light up on fire by becoming what He has intended for me to become.
I've been where you are. You're right. You can get very bitter once you focus on that.

I did get past the bitterness after a while. Mostly, I noticed it happens when I think only of myself. And so, I tried not to. It's not easy. Everyday I had to find a reason to be happy that I was single. Sometimes, the struggle to be happy is so ostensible that my face scrunches up with the effort to realign my thoughts. The miracle has been that up to now, I have found reasons to be happy that I am the way I am - from having all my time and money to myself, ease in travelling, time to serve others, freedom, etc. It's become a habit now whenever I start turning in to myself, that I consciously, purposefully count my blessings.

Yes, I still get sad and pensive from time to time. As happy as I can be, it's still easy to fall into that bitterness again. You just have to keep reminding yourself that God wants you to be happy. If He wants you to be where you are right now, then we just have to trust in Him. Look around, look at Him, instead of yourself.

And if that still doesn't help, just think that even Cameron Diaz - in all her blonde and long-leggedness - hasn't found her soul mate :) jk!

Feb 25th 2014 new
prayers for all struggling to find God's will and direction
Live 'inn' the moment, it is temporary for certain and always leads to the next...moment...and so on........
Feb 25th 2014 new
Praying Praying Praying theheart
Feb 25th 2014 new
Alma, this is relatable! Know that I will pray for you. Know also that Christ created you with a unique purpose & will guide you in how to use the gifts you have been given. It isn't always (or usually) a lightbulb moment or striking clarity, but little by little you will know. Trust Him! theheart
Feb 25th 2014 new
Praying Praying
Feb 25th 2014 new
Life is a journey and each day we are called to do many things. I know we all here on this site would like to be happily married, but in the meantime we can try to live each day as a blessing from God. And to love others etc... Peace and Prayers for all of us here ..

Kathleen Praying rosary rose
Feb 25th 2014 new
This is always good to remember as well smile From the Baltimore Catechism

Question:
Why did God make you?
Answer: God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next. Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 49