Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

+JMJ+
Pat Archibold I suppose is a regular columnist of the National Catholic Register which is owned and operated by EWTN. I don't agree with some of his premises about the SSPX, but this is big and a welcomed effort / attitude to try to solve a problem by someone who is not a Tradie. It's sad that those at the NCR/EWTN would not publish this.

Pat's request of the Holy Father is more than reasonable. According to Popes John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul II, and Benedict XVI, Vatican II was a pastoral council. Parts of it could, and I am convinced, will be overturned. This was even suggested by the Vatican theologian Monsignor Bruno Gerhardini, now in his 90s and who was present at the Council, who opined that parts of it need to be re-written. I polite way of admitting there are errors. The treatment of the SSPX and Tradies in general by some in Rome and throughout the Church is inexcusable. Even run of the mill "conservative" Catholics are concerned about problems with Vatican II. The issues with the Council need to be addressed asap but regularization of those with an irregular canonical situation should be officially recognized and allowed to live in peace during the period of time it takes to work this out. To not do so is a grave sin against true charity and unity. Pat Archibold has given a good example of a faithful son of Holy Mother Church in going to Papa and respectfully asking him to help us. God love him for it! www.creativeminorityreport.com
Feb 26th 2014 new
thanks for posting this, glad to read this
Posts 1 - 2 of 2