Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

frequent posters

Feb 28th 2014 new

how do you view a "frequent poster"? do you think that it makes you look like you are trying too hard to find someone? I don't see it that way but have heard that viewpoint from a few of the men here. I was told to lay off from posting everyday, so I did for a while. was I missed? maybe. When I find I have more time to post I will otherwise I'm off doing something else. I am not even looking for anyone to date although it would be nice to go out with a special man who would treat me right. Since I am tied up with babysitting every weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if I meet a man who has his kids with him enjoying a day's outing out at the park.

if you could see my family room right now, you'd laugh. two kids are sleeping on the couch, one in the easy chair with his feet propped up. My daughter is sitting in a chair by the table, I'm in another easy chair with my laptop and the movie Jumanji is playing on a DVD. the cats have gone to bed!!!!!

Feb 28th 2014 new
Why in the world would someone tell you to lay off posting for awhile?

I don't think posting frequently makes it look like you are "trying too hard to find someone." I think it just makes you look like a chatty person.
Feb 28th 2014 new
...or bored, or lonely, or deprived of social outlets, or interested, or needing attention, or trying to belong, or desiring a distraction from something else, or showing off, or ministering to, or ....
Feb 28th 2014 new

...or bored, or lonely, or deprived of social outlets, or interested, or needing attention, or trying to belong, or desiring a distraction from something else, or showing off, or ministering to, or ....

Lina,

All I can say is, "You go girl". I enjoy quite a few people's postings here. If you have something good to say, then say it and if you can say it with humor....even better. biggrin laughing

Feb 28th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: ...or bored, or lonely, or deprived of social outlets, or interested, or needing attention, or trying to belong, or desiring a distraction from something else, or showing off, or ministering to, or ....
Why I do believe you've covered most of the bases, Lina, as usual. I would only add:
Posting frequently, far from making it look like you are "trying too hard to find someone", suggests (notoriously?) the opposite, because time spent posting could be spent, oh, I don't know, actually messaging people, going on whatdyacallem, 'dates'? and then falling in love, shopping for rings, and all that stuff that the busy online scribe so rarely gets around to doing....

Feb 28th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Why I do believe you've covered most of the bases, Lina, as usual. I would only add:
Posting frequently, far from making it look like you are "trying too hard to find someone", suggests (notoriously?) the opposite, because time spent posting could be spent, oh, I don't know, actually messaging people, going on whatdyacallem, 'dates'? and then falling in love, shopping for rings, and all that stuff that the busy online scribe so rarely gets around to doing....

Messaging people could be done in between posts.
Perhaps it isn't the busy posting that keeps the whatdyacallems from happening, with the successive falls, rings, etc. Perhaps it's because the latter is missing that makes the former present, present without a seeming ladder to the Missing becoming Mrsing.

Wow, that was a stretch.

For a woman, dates rarely happen unless a man asks her out.
Feb 28th 2014 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: Perhaps it's because the latter is missing that makes the former present, present without a seeming ladder to the Missing becoming Mrsing.

I feel like I'm trading posts with Gerard Manley Hopkins. Well, ackshully, with Gerard Womanly Hopkins.
Mar 1st 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: I feel like I'm trading posts with Gerard Manley Hopkins. Well, ackshully, with Gerard Womanly Hopkins.
maybe you are a mule, to have the strength and courage to mingle and respond among great fora mbrs, I always have a great admiration for men who are surrounded and raised by women to have such tolerance when volcano burst (referring to strictly to women menality and emotions, and I have to shake my head to see gentlemen's response, so much love) ... hug
Mar 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: I feel like I'm trading posts with Gerard Manley Hopkins. Well, ackshully, with Gerard Womanly Hopkins.
You spelled acckschullie wrong. Perhaps that is the Canadian spelling.
Mar 2nd 2014 new
Paul, your neighbour is calling you ouwte.
Posts 1 - 10 of 58