Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Is it for people who are not sure how much time they want to invest in writing an email without knowing if the person is interested?

Is it for those who haven't paid for the membership?

scratchchin

Does anyone find them annoying besides me?

C.
Mar 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Cynthia-896140 said: Is it for people who are not sure how much time they want to invest in writing an email without knowing if the person is interested?

Is it for those who haven't paid for the membership?

Does anyone find them annoying besides me?

C.
Nonpaid members can only send emotigrams. Paid members can add messages to them. But some paid members may regard emotigrams as just an opening greeting to get you to look at their profile.
Mar 2nd 2014 new
Thank you Susan!
Mar 2nd 2014 new

Communication! That is the point of an emotigram.

It is usually considered an early polite form of communication that is not too intrusive, but indicates an interest in communicating. Hopefully, the emotigrams become longer messages sooner rather than later, but they do serve a purpose as an "icebreaker".

It's sort of like saying hello to someone at a party and asking them does the cheeseball taste good, instead of giving them your life story and asking them to marry you all at once. laughing

Mar 2nd 2014 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said: sort of like saying hello to someone at a party and asking them does the cheeseball taste good, instead of giving them your life story and asking them to marry you all at once.

😄 I am laughing my butt off right now. And I agree completely with what you said. I actually like emotigrams. I like getting them and giving them. With my guy friends, if we don't have time to write each other a long e-mail, it brightens my day just to have them toss a smile my way or a cup of joe (which just the thought of really does perk me up). It's like the silly, simple, everyday communicating we do with each other when we don't have time for a nice long chat. Just my 2 cents 😉,
Mar 2nd 2014 new
as Angela said.. and in my Opinion it's a way to say a casual "hello" and show some interest if you also add a personal message. An Emo without a message really doesn't convey much to me. scratchchin Praying
Mar 2nd 2014 new
I agree Dave. I guess I like the personal touch. An email can be just a sentence long. "How are you?"
Mar 3rd 2014 new
I find them annoying without any sort of message. It wouldn't be that hard to send fifty or a hundred different women a smiley face, so by itself it doesn't mean anything to me. At least a smile in real life seems more personal since they are actually looking at you when they smile. But perhaps I am just burnt out on internet dating.
Mar 3rd 2014 new
I think its a quick and easy way to start a conversation. I personally prefer it over spending time typing up long emails and not getting any responses.
Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said:

Communication! That is the point of an emotigram.

It is usually considered an early polite form of communication that is not too intrusive, but indicates an interest in communicating. Hopefully, the emotigrams become longer messages sooner rather than later, but they do serve a purpose as an "icebreaker".

It's sort of like saying hello to someone at a party and asking them does the cheeseball taste good, instead of giving them your life story and asking them to marry you all at once.

So that's what I've been doing wrong! Worth the price of my membership just to find that out :)
Posts 1 - 10 of 35