Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

The story below:

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com

This ban was put in place by the newly appointed bishop of Ft. Worth against the saying of the TLM at Fisher Moore by their chaplains. Two of the chaplains were FSSP, and the third was a priest of the Fathers of Mercy, so let that put any ideas of SSPX involvement to rest.

According to the Canon Law Center, the bishop has "unlawfully restricted the rights of the faithful" by this act, which was given with no explanation whatsoever.

1.bp.blogspot.com

Allow me to also present the bishop's letter:

4.bp.blogspot.com

Mar 3rd 2014 new
True to form, the writers at Rorate have let loose with the knee-jerk inflammatory rhetoric based on a single piece of information. Just as with the FFI situation, the not only don't have a clue (or at least aren't mentioning it if they do) about the larger picture and what else may have led up to this.

The wording of the bishop's letter strongly suggest there were some issues, quite likely serious ones, at Fisher-More College. Internet postings from people with some, albeit very incomplete, insight supports this. One person wrote of a former faculty member, very devoted to the TLM, who left due to what he described as sede vacantist leanings at the school. A parent of several current students noted that Fr. Nicholas Gruner, a suspended priest, was invited to campus and that the school apparently has ties to several others with backgrounds that are not in unity with the Church.

While these comments alone don't prove anything, they do tend to support the suspicion that the bishop may be acting in response to legitimate and serious issues. Without full knowledge of the situation there is no way to speculate whether his actions are appropriate or not.

Keep in mind that the Holy Spirit is far more powerful than any of us, and also that God's will in this matter may not be what the traditionalists believe it is. We would be much better off praying about this than pouring gasoline on the bonfire Rorate has started.

Mar 3rd 2014 new
I hate reading about this, I know several SPPS and Fathers of Mercy priests and they are great priests and let you know the true teaching of the church., they do a great job.
Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: The story below:

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/03/Rorate-Exclusive.html

This ban was put in place by the newly appointed bishop of Ft. Worth against the saying of the TLM at Fisher Moore by their chaplains. Two of the chaplains were FSSP, and the third was a priest of the Fathers of Mercy, so let that put any ideas of SSPX involvement to rest.

According to the Canon Law Center, the bishop has "unlawfully restricted the rights of the faithful" by this act, which was given with no explanation whatsoever.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_GM2SKDGfe4/UxJZLqumTGI/AAAAAAAAA6c/RAOfP-H2WG8/s1600/img012.jpg

Allow me to also present the bishop's letter:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-I3Y7c__yHqM/UxH566h7oaI/AAAAAAAAA6M/bXUWcMh0pNc/s1600/img011.jpg

Why you (or anyone) continues to use that rorate-caeli site as a reference is beyond my understanding.

As soon as I see the Rorate-Caeli site used as a reference, I completely dismiss the post. They have no credibility. They are largely just a bunch of complainers and whiners of everything related to Vatican-II, nearly all post Vatican-II popes and anything having to do with the NO Mass.

I can't imagine that a single person has converted to Catholicism by reading any of the nasty, inflammatory rhetoric on that Rorate site..... Although, I am rather certain that many have been driven away from the Church by reading it. I hope that site soon disappears from the face of the Internet. We (especially all Catholics) would be much better off without it.

If you want your posts to be taken seriously, stop using Rorate-Caeli as a source.

Ed
Mar 3rd 2014 new
Dr. Taylor Marshall, president of Fisher More, has posted in defense of the Bishop and says " I hope to find a way for people to see that there is a horrible pastoral situation at FMC and the Bishop is acting rightly (and not in violation of SP).". He says he's working on a letter that he hopes to post soon.

In the meantime, I suggest we pray for the Bishop and remember that he is a successor to the Apostles, validly chosen by the successor of Peter to lead his flock, and is doing his best is what is undoubtedly a complex situation. As Catholic Christians it is our duty to always give others the benefit of the doubt because we would want others to do so for ourselves and not jump to hasty judgments after seeing one side of an argument or situation.
Mar 3rd 2014 new
The link to Dr. Marshall's official statement, btw, in case others want to know where I saw it. www.facebook.com

And I was in error - apparently there was a recent change in president that I was unaware of. But Dr. Marshall is the recent president of FMC at least and so does have some room to speak on the matter. The times do fly!
Mar 3rd 2014 new
Thank you for posting this, Pamela. It is most helpful!

Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Dave-24315 said: I hate reading about this, I know several SPPS and Fathers of Mercy priests and they are great priests and let you know the true teaching of the church., they do a great job.
Apparently the two FSSP priests left Fisher-More some time ago and the priest from the Fathers of Mercy left before this as well.

Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Why you (or anyone) continues to use that rorate-caeli site as a reference is beyond my understanding.

As soon as I see the Rorate-Caeli site used as a reference, I completely dismiss the post. They have no credibility. They are largely just a bunch of complainers and whiners of everything related to Vatican-II, nearly all post Vatican-II popes and anything having to do with the NO Mass.

I can't imagine that a single person has converted to Catholicism by reading any of the nasty, inflammatory rhetoric on that Rorate site..... Although, I am rather certain that many have been driven away from the Church by reading it. I hope that site soon disappears from the face of the Internet. We (especially all Catholics) would be much better off without it.

If you want your posts to be taken seriously, stop using Rorate-Caeli as a source.

Ed
So I should use what? Times? Newsweek? Vatican newspaper? Zenit? Ed's opinion?

In this time of great turmoil, one needs to use all the sources one has, and then wait before going off half cocked. No one source ( media) ever has it correct all the time. It takes research. Yes, some go off the mark. This includes EWTN, and both main Catholic newspapers. The Wanderer, the Remnant, newsletters from the FSSP, nothing written like this is infallible on to itself.

So chill people! The truth will surface.

Mar 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: So I should use what? Times? Newsweek? Vatican newspaper? Zenit? Ed's opinion?

In this time of great turmoil, one needs to use all the sources one has, and then wait before going off half cocked. No one source ( media) ever has it correct all the time. It takes research. Yes, some go off the mark. This includes EWTN, and both main Catholic newspapers. The Wanderer, the Remnant, newsletters from the FSSP, nothing written like this is infallible on to itself.

So chill people! The truth will surface.

It's not my job to pick your (or other's) sources. I am simply saying that when someone lists the Rorate site as a legitimate source, then they discredit their entire post in the eyes of many... Because Rorate has demonstrated time and time again that they will post half-truths, lies, vitriol and nastiness, all in the name of being "truly Catholic" or "more Catholic than the pope".

I figure that if Rorate is someone's best or only source, then it (the particular situation) is a distortion of the "truth" or else a complete false fabrication. I suspect that Satin has a field-day with the Rorate site.

Ed
Posts 1 - 10 of 163