Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.
Dear Parishioners,

This weekend I will formally unveil a new project that Catholics in Action has been developing over many months. Catholics in Action is a lay apostolate that has been entrusted unto Servi Trinitatis, my secular institute. As some of you know, I will be traveling the Way of St. James (the Camino this summer with twelve of St. Anne's young men. We will walk over 500 miles across 40 days in the hopes of encountering Jesus Christ.

What is amazing is that Grassroots Films has agreed to film a documentary on our experience. Grassroots Films is a Catholic Company who is unsurpassed in the quality of their work. With their help, our goal is to create a feature length documentary with a Catholic perspective on the Way of St. James.

There exist many small documentaries on the Camino. Unfortunately, they fall short in their ability to represent the true spirituality of the Way of St. James. In many, Jesus Christ is not seen and completely avoided. Characters try to find a transcendent experience instead of searching for Jesus Christ. The Way of St. James is not represented as much more than a long road. But in our documentary, the Way of St. James is and will be the main character. It will come to life through the experiences of your sons. The Way of St. James has an inherent beauty which is, many times, not captured in these films. God is found and experienced in that beauty. The struggles and the turmoils we will endure are the means by which we will experience the living Christ.

Many of you will never experience the Way of St. James firsthand, but we want you to come along with us. We want to create this documentary, but can only do so with the help of people like you. I invite you to visit our website athttp://www.WayOfStJamesMovie.com and our FB page entitled "The Way of St. James Documentary". There you will be kept up to date as to new developments related to the documentary. In addition, you find many ways to help us carry out this endeavor.

We have a significant climb ahead of us as we try to fundraise all of the monies necessary for funding of this project. We need are 2000 donations of $500 each to make this film possible. Without it, there will be no documentary. We already have endorsements from Archbishops and Bishops, but we need you to spread the word about the project. I ask you that though Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ you spread the word. Talk about it in blogs, to your friends via posts and email, to people face-to-face or with a simple phone call. We need large donors, just as much as small donors.

Let me be clear, this is not a project that is to be carried out by the Parish of St. Anne alone, but by the Church as a whole. If you feel that you can help by spreading the word, then please visit our webpage and become familiar with the many ways you can help. All of the information you need can be found on that site.

This Lenten Season, let us entrust all of this unto the Lord and pray that it is His will that this documentary be filmed. Every small effort counts and I ask you to please help the ministry of Catholics in Action carry out this noble project.

In Him, through Her,
Fr. Sergio M. Fita, Pastor
Posts 1 - 1 of 1