Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What men TRULY wants?

Mar 8th 2014 new
Hello from sunny Cairo! :)

It has been playing in my head for sometime and I started asking this question to my male friends (the few who are truly my friends and had no romantic attraction whatsoever so they can give me a very honest answer) and I received quite an interesting response to this simple but I think, very important, question, we women should know about, if we want to succeed in attracting that person who is best for us.

You see, I am just one of those ladies who can't seem to figure out what men TRULY wants. At first, they find you amazing and perfect for them, then they start to pull away. And it can be frustrating, isn't it, ladies on the floor here? You ask, "what happened? What did I do something wrong?"

So here I am, asking this question (not sure if someone started a topic like this), hoping the Catholic men out here, will give us a very raw and authentic response.

Mar 8th 2014 new
Correction: What Men Truly Want :)

I know it is a very minor error. But I hope the men here don't find it a major turn-off! laughing laughing
Mar 8th 2014 new
Having seen immediate family relationships where communication is a bit on the acerbic side,
the 1 thing that I look for and is important to me is someone that communicate their thoughts or frustrations in a loving and charitable way. eyebrow Praying
Mar 8th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Having seen immediate family relationships where communication is a bit on the acerbic side,
the 1 thing that I look for and is important to me is someone that communicate their thoughts or frustrations in a loving and charitable way.
That is quite easy, Dave! But then, maybe not. Especially when us ladies tend to over-dramatize that I ask why men, knowing us ladies are capable of this, can't be a little bit of understanding? hehe I'm surprised you only have 1 thing you look for. Surely, there are other qualities besides this that attracts you to us, women?
Mar 8th 2014 new
Well, we all know the way to a man's heart. Frankly it's probably the same as the way to my heart. :)
Mar 8th 2014 new
(quote) Jean-504066 said: Well, we all know the way to a man's heart. Frankly it's probably the same as the way to my heart. :)
Well, don't leave us hanging! :)
Mar 8th 2014 new
(quote) Lesil-840134 said: That is quite easy, Dave! But then, maybe not. Especially when us ladies tend to over-dramatize that I ask why men, knowing us ladies are capable of this, can't be a little bit of understanding? hehe I'm surprised you only have 1 thing you look for. Surely, there are other qualities besides this that attracts you to us, women?
Honestly, I'm not sure that it does much good to list the qualities of what a man looks for, because they're much the same as the qualities that a woman looks for, with minor adjustments. When a guy pulls away, it's probably safe to assume that it's for one of two reasons: either (a) he thinks he can do better (and he may be dead wrong about that, but if that's what he thinks, that's what he thinks, or (b) he's 'stuck' -- this would take in all that fear-of-commitment stuff or other psychological difficulties or just plain not being ready/bad timing. I think you could drive yourself crazy trying to think of the one mysterious quality that will make someone fall in love and then commit. People of very ordinary qualities get married all the time.
Mar 8th 2014 new
Same (weakness, perhaps?) here. The first shot of a snippy evokes a very quick (but usually silent), "Helllooooo? Boundary incursion alert, Will Robinson, boundary incursion alert ...." followed by (equally silently, if not very charitably) "And who made you big bugaboo of the universe for the day, huh?"
Mar 8th 2014 new
I'm not entirely convinced that everyone, man or woman, knows what they want. Sometimes you can have everything and it just doesn't *feel* right.
Mar 8th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: Well, don't leave us hanging! :)
The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. :) Good food makes me feel affection for the person who made it too, so I think there might be something in that saying...
Posts 1 - 10 of 177