Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Why are people so silly?

Mar 10th 2014 new
A man on here liked some of my pictures, took my interview, sent me a message telling me how much he liked my questions, etc, and invited me to write him back.
So I sent him a quick, friendly note back -- nothing too forward or dismissive.
I noticed this morning, when I was reading my messages, that he has blocked me!!
That seems so silly! He could just not write back or write a 'thanks but I don't think we are a match' note. Whatever -- I wonder why people take 'drastic' steps like that -- it makes me wonder if they are like that in real life too or if it's just an on-line dating characteristic?
Do they kill a housefly by burning down the house? Throw away their favorite running shoes if they get a little muddy?
Mar 10th 2014 new
Perhaps he's just ... self-contained ....

www.youtube.com
Mar 10th 2014 new
Maybe he blocked you by accident.... bumped the button and didn't realize he did it? Sometimes I bump something and then a profile pops up that I didn't plan on looking at... Don't take it personally :). Easier said than done. 🚶 wow, case in point, I have no idea what that symbol Is and now I can't delete it 😩:). Hugs to you, Rachel :).
Mar 10th 2014 new
Maybe he got cold feet and didn't think you would respond.
Mar 10th 2014 new
I can honestly say that I cannot understand why someone would do this, it is ridiculously illogical. He invited you to reply and thought something like "OH MY GOODNESS... she actually DID... AHHHHH!!!!"

A common topic in the forums is the problem of people not responding to emotes/messages or they vanish during the middle of corresponding without a word.

These things seem to be inherent problems with all online singles websites. It's too pervasive for me to believe so many people lack this much social grace, especially in a Catholic community. Perhaps it's related to people being able to "hide" behind their computer and be somewhat afraid to move forward, but love to take what they think is the easy way out.

Mar 10th 2014 new
Tabitha your refernece to the two symbols in your post show up as the "apple color emoji font" here on my mac.

Similar to the following characters:

😄😃😀😊😉😍🙅👯💑💏👭👬🏃👫👪

According to wikipedia:
Apple Color Emoji is a color typeface used by iOS 7 and OS X to provide support for the Unicode Emoji characters used in Japanese mobile phones.

So now I had to respond - to see if the above icons (15 of them) show up on my mac. Granted - anyone not using a Mac is probably going to see nothing below "Similar to the following characters reference" above.

Rachel - sorry for hijacking the topic ashamed
Mar 10th 2014 new
oh, you silly Bunny! you sure like to play with silly putty .... you cannot help but to contain yourself .... so rolling off in the Sunrise there is another ray (not the moderator, of course) ready to enter in your wings ..... silly humor doesn't get off on the right foot all the time .... who knows until we get F2F one of these blue moon or rising moon .... someone will be ready to steal your heartbeat waiting first to fine note, notching slowly but surely, after all it is timeless world .... yeah, like they say you can accidently push the stop/wrong button, miscalculate the wrong though/inscription on msg to the wrong recipient .... we/people are funny/humorous (speaking for myself, of course) .... we do have the great opportunity to cut off/change mind, so forth ... thinking is complicated as it is, even approaching and asking questions .... hug

do agree with you Rob it is virtual on/off line world and that is great thing ..... free will/choice as we are adults/kid in the heart .....
Mar 10th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Tabitha your refernece to the two symbols in your post show up as the "apple color emoji font" here on my mac.
Similar to the following characters:
😄😃😀😊😉😍🙅👯💑💏👭👬🏃👫👪According to wikipedia:
Apple Color Emoji is a color typeface used by iOS 7 and OS X to provide support for the Unicode Emoji characters used in Japanese mobile phones.
So now I had to respond - to see if the above icons (15 of them) show up on my mac. Granted - anyone not using a Mac is probably going to see nothing below "Similar to the following characters reference" above.

Rachel - sorry for hijacking the topic
I'm on a Chromebook and I see the characters.
Mar 10th 2014 new
Actually, three of the characters are just boxes, and I wonder if they should be something else. The rest of the characters are there.
Mar 10th 2014 new
Thank you Susan for the confirmation. I started a new thread in regards to the emoji emoticons accessible at the following URL for any comments in regards to the emoticons:
www.catholicmatch.com

Hopefully it will allow the original topic of the the thread to continue - as I have so rudely taken it off topic here.
But I do thank you again very much for your input Susan biggrin
Posts 1 - 10 of 51