Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

This is to test whether a list of emoticons displays in the post below:
There should be 15 emoticons below viewable by someone with a mac.
This is simply me testing a new feature I stumbled upon thanks to another CM member.

They do not appear when previewed - but I want to see if they appear in the final post

😄😃😀😊😉😍🙅👯💑💏👭👬🏃👫👪

Mar 10th 2014 new
Would appreciate it if a Mac user can verify that the emoticons show in my previous post. These are not CM emoticons - but rather ones built into a mac font that seem to be recognized here on CM - on mac computers at least.
Mar 10th 2014 new
Would like to credit Tabitha and Molly - both posters here in the CM forums.
Tabitha for using several "emoji" characters in one of her recent posts.
And Molly for introducing the term "emoji" here in a few of her posts.

Seems that for any one using Chrome as their browser - their is an adding for the apple color emoji font set.
And for windows 8 users the emoji font seems to come built in from what I read - although I think it is only the original black and white emoticons as opposed to the color.

There literally hundreds of emoticons available using this technique.
Now all I need is verification that someone can actually see emoticons in the first post of this thread.
Mar 10th 2014 new
Well I went over to my work computer, a PC, not a Mac, and using Internet Explorer 8 I see a lineup of black boxes only the boxes are missing the top line.

On my Chromebook I saw them in black, no color, and the 3rd, 11th, and 12th were just boxes. The rest were black pictures, no colors.
Mar 10th 2014 new
I only displayed 15 of the hundreds available - would imagine there are many more that do not match up exactly between the browser's and/or operating system's fonts - but hundreds of new ones that I know a lot of CM members would love to be able to use in addition to the CM emotions.

Tough part will be testing which ones of the hundreds look the same regardless of system it is displayed on.
Mar 10th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: Would appreciate it if a Mac user can verify that the emoticons show in my previous post. These are not CM emoticons - but rather ones built into a mac font that seem to be recognized here on CM - on mac computers at least.
All present and in full color on my mac, Dave.
Mar 10th 2014 new
(quote) Margaret-1031060 said: All present and in full color on my mac, Dave.
Thank you Margaret and Susan for helping test/discover.
Got home and opened this thread with my other mac and get different results.

Mac running OS X 10.9+ shows the emoticons as full color images.
Mac running OS X 10.6.8 only shows squares with the hexadecimal value of the unicode character. And after further research the necessary font is NOT include in versions of the mac prior to OS X Lion (10.7)

For anyone interested in what support emoji and what does not the following blog lists system compatabilities

blog.getemoji.com

Mar 10th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: This is to test whether a list of emoticons displays in the post below:
This is simply me testing a new feature I stumbled upon thanks to another CM member.

They do not appear when previewed - but I want to see if they appear in the final post
😄😃😀😊😉😍🙅👯💑💏👭👬🏃👫👪
Win 7; FF 27.0.1

1-2,4-6 are primitive looking B&W emotes; the others are rectangular boxes containing a 3 byte hex code broken up over two lines, the first line of which is 01F in all.

Mar 11th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: This is to test whether a list of emoticons displays in the post below:

😄😃😀😊😉😍🙅👯💑💏👭👬🏃👫👪
Yep, all 15 are there in color.

iMac Pete
Jun 21st 2014 new
Oh no, an Apple in the hands of another woman duck laughing thumbsup
Posts 1 - 10 of 11