Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

This is quite a mystery. The plane going from Malaysia to Beijing last Friday just went off the
radar and cannot be found.

There have been no sightings of the plane or the black box or the beeping box.

It may have been terrorism or it may have been plane malfunction. No one has a clue
so far, we are being told.

Of course, it is quite unimaginable for the relatives of the travelers who are left in limbo
wondering about their family members.

I heard one aviation investigator say he thinks we are not being told all the facts. I kind
of think the plane may have gone down in the backlands of Vietnam where I do not
think they have looked.

Any ideas about what happened to this plane?

Mar 11th 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

This is quite a mystery. The plane going from Malaysia to Beijing last Friday just went off the

It may have been terrorism or it may have been plane malfunction. No one has a clue

Of course, it is quite unimaginable for the relatives of the travelers who are left in limbo

I heard one aviation investigator say he thinks we are not being told all the facts. I kind
of think the plane may have gone down in the backlands of Vietnam where I do not
think they have looked.

I agree, Marianne. I hope and pray the plane was not highjacked by terrorists, tucked away and hidden somewhere to be later used for a nefarious purpose. The fact that there is no debris lends some credence to what I'm thinking. My heart goes out to all passengers and their families Praying.

Mar 11th 2014 new

think they have looked.

This is very much on my mind too! Lets pray for a miracle, God alone for now knows what has really happened. Pray pray pray...
Mar 11th 2014 new
(quote) Elizabeth-979164 said: This is very much on my mind too! Lets pray for a miracle, God alone for now knows what has really happened. Pray pray pray...
Praying for all involved. this is the saddest news I've heard in a long time.
Mar 11th 2014 new

i think this accident is further evidence that aircraft crossing oceans should be equipped with SATCOM that can transmit ACARS messages. What this allows is for the plane to send back automated maintenance messages, in addition to text messages sent by the crew themselves, to maintenance and dispatch. If the plane had this feature, we would already have a decent idea of what went wrong since the plane would have transmitted messages back to the company about each system failure during the descent into the ocean.

American Airlines flights that I am flight following are required to send periodic position reports either over ACARS or by voice communications. In addition, the fusion product we have at every dispatch desk allows me to follow the flight progress in near real time. I dont think Asian airlines have the same dispatch requirements and thus flight following may not be what it should be.

I think once and if they find the plane and the black boxes, we will all be surprised by the exact cause of the crash. After every crash, people make wild assumptions about what might have happen and what couldnt have happened. In the end, things people never thought could happen actually turned out to be the cause. Until the FDR/CVR data is obtained or the wreckage examined, we wont know exactly why the plane crashed.

No plane is ever just one thing happening. There is always a series of events of that culminates in the accident. If even one chain link is broken, the accident likely wouldnt have occurred.
Mar 12th 2014 new
(quote) Matthew-1066729 said:
i think this accident is further evidence that aircraft crossing oceans should be equipped with SATCOM that can transmit ACARS messages. What this allows is for the plane to send back automated maintenance messages, in addition to text messages sent by the crew themselves, to maintenance and dispatch. If the plane had this feature, we would already have a decent idea of what went wrong since the plane would have transmitted messages back to the company about each system failure during the descent into the ocean.

American Airlines flights that I am flight following are required to send periodic position reports either over ACARS or by voice communications. In addition, the fusion product we have at every dispatch desk allows me to follow the flight progress in near real time. I dont think Asian airlines have the same dispatch requirements and thus flight following may not be what it should be.

I think once and if they find the plane and the black boxes, we will all be surprised by the exact cause of the crash. After every crash, people make wild assumptions about what might have happen and what couldnt have happened. In the end, things people never thought could happen actually turned out to be the cause. Until the FDR/CVR data is obtained or the wreckage examined, we wont know exactly why the plane crashed.

No plane is ever just one thing happening. There is always a series of events of that culminates in the accident. If even one chain link is broken, the accident likely wouldnt have occurred.

Well, Matthew, since you are an Air Traffic Controller, we should take your suggestions seriously.

Now they have spotted large pieces of debris off to the East of the last reported
voice messages from the plane, obtained from Chinese satellite photos.

All I can say is that aside from finding out the real cause of the disaster, there
probably will be no good outcomes. So sad.

Our prayers are most certainly in line for the families of the passengers. It is very
hard on them now, and in the future.

Mar 13th 2014 new

Now they are saying that the plane could have flown for 4 or 5 more hours
after they lost contact with it.

This is getting perplexing.

Mar 14th 2014 new

think they have looked.

I don't understand why none of the news outlets ever mention the Strait of Malacca.
It is a strategic choke point for a lot of the world's goods transported by ship, especially oil.
The plain was supposedly headed right for it.

Mar 15th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: I don't understand why none of the news outlets ever mention the Strait of Malacca.
It is a strategic choke point for a lot of the world's goods transported by ship, especially oil.
The plain was supposedly headed right for it.

Oops, I spelled plaen wrong!?! laughing
Anyway, 239 people disappeared from the face of the earth....No comments??
Mar 15th 2014 new
I've been watching this almost constantly. My prayer is that they are still alive. The plane may have landed somewhere.
Posts 1 - 10 of 160