Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

What Men Do NOT want?

Mar 12th 2014 new
Ok folks, here I am again!

In my other topic, I asked, what Men TRULY want? Some said, they want respect, communication in a loving and charitable way, to be loved, and accepted for who they are, while others remain evasive. :-)

Women, on the other hand per their observation/interaction with their men in the lives, noted almost the same plus some more. While some of my non-Catholic (and even Catholics) male friends agreed on sex, a stimulating mind and an understanding lady.

This time, I'd ask the opposite, what Men do NOT want? What is it that makes you pull away? What triggers you to want to go to your cave and just shut off? What is it that women do that make you totally tick off and leave?

I'd be interested to know, including some, if not most, of the women here, even if somehow, we do know already, or we assume to know. :) I/We (I hope!) would like to hear it from YOU! Yes, YOU, the MALE Specie. Or the women who knows their men too well.

Besides, you guys don't want us to assume, right?

So why don't you bring it on the table? ;)

Mar 13th 2014 new
44 Views and no response, LOL i wonder how many of these are men.

Ok, just being impatient. Can't wait to see who the first to comment here. :-)
Mar 13th 2014 new
I would like to know the responses too... have any men viewed this or just women like myself who were interested in the responses ...
Mar 13th 2014 new
Nagging.
Mar 13th 2014 new
Okay... i'll go First..

Maybe it's just my Temperament.. but I don't want to hear about something that we've already worked through, over and over again. Let it go and let's move Forward... also
If you think there's a Problem.. come to me with a Solution along with what you think the problem is.. in a loving and Charitable manner. wink Praying
Mar 13th 2014 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Nagging.
To add what Marge has said: controlling.
Mar 13th 2014 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Okay... i'll go First..

Maybe it's just my Temperament.. but I don't want to hear about something that we've already worked through, over and over again. Let it go and let's move Forward... also
If you think there's a Problem.. come to me with a Solution along with what you think the problem is.. in a loving and Charitable manner.
clap thumbsup

That's for taking the courage to respond first! :-)

Thanks Dave!

Mar 13th 2014 new

If you think there's a Problem.. come to me with a Solution along with what you think the problem is.. in a loving and Charitable manner.
Exactly, Dave! highfive

They already know what we don't want. They just want us to keep talking about it so that they can keep arguing with us over it. rolling eyes

theheart
Mar 13th 2014 new

On a side note:

Oftentimes, when women have a problem, we actually don't need a solution, we only need someone to listen to us. And we want it to share it with you FIRST and we hope you will really JUST listen and NOT tell us what to do right away... Or to get irritated immediately...

But well-noted on how we should tell it in a charitable and loving way.

This is how I'd say it in a loving and charitable way after feeling he's become distant:

Bake a strawberry cake (let's assume it is his favorite) and bring it to him one quite afternoon - "Hon, I baked your fave cake, wanna try it?" Then, after eating, say something like this - "You know, I noticed, these past few days, you've been distant and all, is there something that bothers you? Did I do something wrong?"

Will this work? Not sure it is how you see as loving and charitable... :-)

Mar 13th 2014 new
Now Victor, I beg to disagree but that is not always true.

To be honest, I've been truly clueless. I only assumed I know what you do or don't want, guys. Only to realize, the very thing I thought I knew you guys want, or don't want, are the exact opposite.

We need to hear it from you, esp. Catholic guys, so we can learn from you and hopefully, adjust our behaviors, if needed. As you noticed, I also try to share what I want and do NOT want, so you guys can also hopefully learn from a woman's perspective.

Just saying...
Posts 1 - 10 of 189