Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I lived on my own for awhile. It was a bit overrated. Led to a little more sin than I was used to. Seemed counterproductive really. When most of the women had their own place also.

Now we got the liberals. Letting up the criminals. And pointing at men like me living with Mommy as the greatest evil in our society. That "you would be a criminal too if you were out on the street" philosophy. As a conservative though I think that speaks volumes about my integrity.

I'm not mooching off the government. If I did drugs or something Mom wouldn't put up with me. I'm saving a little bit of money. Haven't had a felony. I even paid for my own college degree.

Sure I'm not perfect. Battled a gambling habit. My living quarters are a mess. This long winter has left me a bit S.A.D.. Many spiritual failures round out the list.

But those things are private. So I just don't get it. That women seem to laugh at men who live with their parents. Yet I believe the lack of baggage should be seen positively. Or at very least that I should be treated equally.

Do you think less of a man who lives with his parents? I won't play up the fact that we recently lost Dad. If everything else is in place. Vehilcles, education, job, place to vacation, criminal background check, a love for Jesus. Does it matter if I don't have my own place?

Last year for some reason I only went on three dates. sad

Mar 14th 2014 new
Hi Eric,

I don't get the part of your post about liberals and criminals, but I will address middle-aged men living with their parents.

I don't have a problem with that. Living in a family situation is healthy, in my opinion, and I would certainly be aware of the fact that he could be looking out for his parents and helping them financially by paying rent. I briefly moved in with my father before he passed away and had plans to live with him permanently if needed.

If I married a man who was living with his parents I would be open to the idea of living there, too, and helping him care for his parents. Mine are both deceased now. This is all part of what marriage is about.

Now, if I were to come to find out that he didn't contribute anything or help his parents in any way and spent all day playing video games, that would be a different story!
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Hi Eric,

I don't get the part of your post about liberals and criminals, but I will address middle-aged men living with their parents.

I don't have a problem with that. Living in a family situation is healthy, in my opinion, and I would certainly be aware of the fact that he could be looking out for his parents and helping them financially by paying rent. I briefly moved in with my father before he passed away and had plans to live with him permanently if needed.

If I married a man who was living with his parents I would be open to the idea of living there, too, and helping him care for his parents. Mine are both deceased now. This is all part of what marriage is about.

Now, if I were to come to find out that he didn't contribute anything or help his parents in any way and spent all day playing video games, that would be a different story!
I don't do as much as I can. But I don't play video games. And I'm working on it.

At this point however I'm not sure that Mom would be alright with a wife moving in and later I doubt my sister would be ok with it.

As far as liberals being criminals. With all the executive orders. That seems to be the case. Glenn Beck's been off the air for years now. My opinion comes from what I am seeing.

This is a dirty administration as far as I'm concerned and they are ruining our country.

duck
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: I don't do as much as I can. But I don't play video games. And I'm working on it.

At this point however I'm not sure that Mom would be alright with a wife moving in and later I doubt my sister would be ok with it.

As far as liberals being criminals. With all the executive orders. That seems to be the case. Glenn Beck's been off the air for years now. My opinion comes from what I am seeing.

This is a dirty administration as far as I'm concerned and they are ruining our country.

Regarding the liberals and criminals, it feels like you're drifting a bit from the topic of the thread.

Anyways, I find no grounds for judgment of your living situation. In your particular case, if your parents don't want your wife living there, then you would have to make other arrangements.
Mar 14th 2014 new
to answer your topic.. for me i don't mind middle aged men who live with their parent(s) because it depends on the intention and their reason like for instance they want to ensure that they are looking for the welfare of their parent(s) or they wanted to live on their own however they have not enough budget to have their own place and as long as they have a job to support themselves and their parent(s) why not.

in the filipino setting this is usually the case for both gender where they stay with their parents, sometimes for some even if they are already married or have a family of their own they also stay/live with their parent(s) because of the so called "close knit/family ties" or probably because it is also the request of the parents especially if some of the family members have migrated or is/are working abroad.

although having your own place would show or indicate signs of maturity and independence and who doesn't want that? but i guess to each is own smile everyone has their own reasons to justify their living preference and maybe also depends on the culture i guess.
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: Regarding the liberals and criminals, it feels like you're drifting a bit from the topic of the thread.

Anyways, I find no grounds for judgment of your living situation. In your particular case, if your parents don't want your wife living there, then you would have to make other arrangements.
That actually inspired the topic. Every week it seems I see a liberal woman on TV spouting venom about men like me. Though they don't seem to have a problem with raising my taxes to pay for their constituents.

But it's true. I did not honor my Father as much as I should have down the stretch. It's really important that I do more for Mom to make up for that.
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: That actually inspired the topic. Every week it seems I see a liberal woman on TV spouting venom about men like me. Though they don't seem to have a problem with raising my taxes to pay for their constituents.

But it's true. I did not honor my Father as much as I should have down the stretch. It's really important that I do more for Mom to make up for that.
I sometimes see conservatives on TV talking about young people living at home as if they were shiftless. Seems a little unfair. Regardless, you know what you are. You don't have to defend yourself to anyone. Strive to be a good person, to work hard, progress in life, and then don't worry about what the liberals think.
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Abbey-937473 said: to answer your topic.. for me i don't mind middle aged men who live with their parent(s) because it depends on the intention and their reason like for instance they want to ensure that they are looking for the welfare of their parent(s) or they wanted to live on their own however they have not enough budget to have their own place and as long as they have a job to support themselves and their parent(s) why not.

in the filipino setting this is usually the case for both gender where they stay with their parents, sometimes for some even if they are already married or have a family of their own they also stay/live with their parent(s) because of the so called "close knit/family ties" or probably because it is also the request of the parents especially if some of the family members have migrated or is/are working abroad.

although having your own place would show or indicate signs of maturity and independence and who doesn't want that? but i guess to each is own everyone has their own reasons to justify their living preference and maybe also depends on the culture i guess.
Culture is a big part of it. I know when my Grandfather died people were stopping by my Dad's house looking for my Grandmother. I guess in Polish tradition the Mother goes to live with the oldest son.

American culture has changed some. A guy with his own place calls it his...I can't say it on this website. Let's just say it's no longer a sign of maturity. From my own experience it doesn't really attract women looking to settle. You get girls fighting with their boyfriends, younger ladies infactuated with older men and maybe even a few homeless.

You end up with phone calls from irrate men. You live in fear. You just don't seem to find what you are looking for.

Maybe some men do but those men are looking for something different. I think a guy who lives with Mom has less to hide. Unfortunately a lot of girls on the outside like the "bad boy" kinda guy.
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Susan-1048377 said: I sometimes see conservatives on TV talking about young people living at home as if they were shiftless. Seems a little unfair. Regardless, you know what you are. You don't have to defend yourself to anyone. Strive to be a good person, to work hard, progress in life, and then don't worry about what the liberals think.
Yeah I've seen the conservatives bashing liberal bloggers who live in their parent's basement. But I was a conservative blogger. Guess I never took those comments personally LOL.
Mar 14th 2014 new
In many old cultures children remained in the family home until married. In my own Italian family, on both sides, all the children save 2 lived at home until they married. One of those exceptions was my father, but he only left home to relocate to PA for work. His sister, although a 60's hippie child, nevertheless lived in my grandmother's home until the day she married. On my mother's side, my mother's eldest brother never married, never moved-out save for 2 years he lived in CA, and still lives in the family home more than 30 years after my grandmother's passing. My mother's sister, when she married her husband, moved into their family home. That home became exclusively theirs when his father passed 6 years later and still live there today.

theheart
Posts 1 - 10 of 98