Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

5 Love Languages

Mar 14th 2014 new
I think a complement to the Temperament Test that CM provides is the 5 Love Languages 60 second quiz which can be found on http://www.5lovelanguages.com Dr. Gary Chapman, a Christian author, wrote a book with the same title. The premise is that we all have "Emotional Tanks" that are filled through 5 Love Languages in relationships. The 5 Love Language Needs are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. When each partner is aware of their specific love language they can communicate it to their partner. Think back over the years to holes in your relationships. What fills your emotional tank? For me it is quality time and physical touch a close second.
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-1068357 said: I think a complement to the Temperament Test that CM provides is the 5 Love Languages 60 second quiz which can be found on www.5lovelanguages.com Dr. Gary Chapman, a Christian author, wrote a book with the same title. The premise is that we all have "Emotional Tanks" that are filled through 5 Love Languages in relationships. The 5 Love Language Needs are: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. When each partner is aware of their specific love language they can communicate it to their partner. Think back over the years to holes in your relationships. What fills your emotional tank? For me it is quality time and physical touch a close second.
Chapman is good. He makes the point that if, just for example, you rate touch highly and your partner rates gifts highly, then you can spend a lot of time and energy touching your partner, and your partner can give you a lot of gifts, and neither of you will feel really loved, because each of you is wrongly assuming that the other responds to your own 'love language' rather than to his/her own. Very handy to know!
Mar 14th 2014 new
Yes, Paul you make a good point. It would be like two ships passing each other in the night and missing the communication target!
Mar 14th 2014 new
Two ships passing in the night better miss each other!!
Mar 14th 2014 new
Last time I took this test I had a 3 way tie for 1st place. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.... ........... :) Thanks for sharing, Kathy. The love languages are a really good thing to know about.
Mar 14th 2014 new
Oops, forgot to say, welcome to posting!!! :)
Mar 14th 2014 new
(quote) Kathy-1068357 said: What fills your emotional tank?
Oh, a gal would have to take my "Interview" to find that out. biggrin

Gone Fishing!
__\-------/__
goldfish
Mar 14th 2014 new
I love this topic because it immediately enhances our relationships, and not just the romantic ones. I want everyone around me to feel loved! heart

My daughter and I share the same top 3, though not in the same order: acts of service, touch and time. My son shares time and touch, but also loves kind words. I made an effort to watch my words with him- to offer him more praise and less criticism- and I believe he noticed the difference. Thinking before speaking has always been a challenge for me. embarassed

Mar 14th 2014 new
Jack, I just answered your interview questions and can't find send! However, I did notice how you incorporated the "love language' type question. I was very impressed!
Mar 14th 2014 new
Thanks, Tabitha.
Posts 1 - 10 of 21