Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Mar 15th 2014 new

Joseph,

In the link you provide, at the very end, it promotes the SSPX. Why are you posting it here?

Mar 15th 2014 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+

http://www.unavocecr.com/2014/03/official-communique-tridentine-mass.html

It appears that the proponents just don't understand the restriction in Summorum that any priest may celebrate the Extraordinary From without his bishop's permission only in a private Mass where the celebrant may allow a very few laity who specifically ask to be allowed to attend.

Summorum also allows for a more liberal use by a Pastor without the Bishops permission.

But these people were going far beyond that. As Summorum also states, the local Bishop is the sole and final authority of how Mass is publicly celebrated in his See.

Based solely on the limited information provided in what is clearly a biased article, as it would naturally be, the Local Bishop was totally within his ecclesiastical right to ban any further efforts by this group to promote the Extraordinary Form.

Self-styled "traditionalists" do there efforts no good when they pull off stuff like this.
Mar 15th 2014 new
+JMJ+

Dear John,

I only posted a link to the official Una Voce Costa site. Why would one pose such a question?

Laity who attend holy mass at SSPX chapels are just as Catholic as you or I so long as they do so without the intention of separating themselves from the church and they should be treated with respect. They are more faithful and in reality, more in union with Rome than the vast majority of Catholics.

Catholic Match even purchased a Traditional Catholic Singles web site run by someone associated with the SSPX and sent a welcome letter. If you have a problem with topics that touch on the SSPX I can't help you with that. You'll need to contact CM administration.

In Domino,

Joseph
Mar 16th 2014 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said:
I only posted a link to the official Una Voce Costa site. Why would one pose such a question?

Joseph,

Since you throw so much out there to confuse the situation, I will address it in parts that deal with certain points you present, one at a time.

In regards to the above comment/question, I think my simple post was to the point. But you prefer to answer a legitimate question with another question when you don't have a good answer. You simply give the impression like you are innocent in the matter, and are only passing information. You are borrowing from Bernard's playbook.

Let's be clear, the link you posted promotes the SSPX Masses (and other sacraments) as licit. They are not. And, you are looking the other way on it. You should not be because it is a spiritual disservice to the faithful who do not know better.

Why on earth are you helping Una Voce Costa Rica promote the SSPX? (which also is a surprise to me - that they are doing it)

Directing the faithful to the SSPX (given their current status) is an obvious impediment for any attempt by the faithful to gain permission for the TLM. Trying to pressure the Bishop with illicit acts will not work. Instead the message that it sends is that persons are unwilling to accept the Novus Ordo ( a true and licit Mass) for one that is not licit when said by the SSPX. No bishop can let that stand because it promotes dissent to truth.
--------

For clarity and certainty, this is the comment at the bottom of your link that I am referring to:

"Due to the de-facto ban against the Mass of Ages, we inform traditional Catholics in our country that they may seek spiritual assistance and the Sacraments from the newly-established mission of the good Priestly Fraternity of Saint Pius X (more info) which is currently the only way to have access to the Traditional Latin Mass. In the meantime, Una Voce Costa Rica will continue working in order for the Mass to also be offered by the Archdiocese according to the right of Catholics which was enshrined in Summorum Pontificum."

Mar 16th 2014 new

Dear John,

Laity who attend holy mass at SSPX chapels are just as Catholic as you or I so long as they do so without the intention of separating themselves from the church and they should be treated with respect. They are more faithful and in reality, more in union with Rome than the vast majority of Catholics.

Catholic Match even purchased a Traditional Catholic Singles web site run by someone associated with the SSPX and sent a welcome letter. If you have a problem with topics that touch on the SSPX I can't help you with that. You'll need to contact CM administration.

In Domino,

Joseph
> Laity who attend holy mass at SSPX chapels are just as Catholic as you or I so long as they do so without the intention of separating themselves from the church and they should be treated with respect. They are more faithful and in reality, more in union with Rome than the vast majority of Catholics.

That's simply not true. The Church has been quite clear in stating that the SSPX is not in union with the Catholic Church.

Why would you post such a comment here?
Mar 16th 2014 new
+JMJ+

Dear William,

My comment concerned the laity not the church's position on the priests.

In Domino,

Joe
Mar 16th 2014 new

Dear John,

In Domino,

Joseph
Joseph, You know SSPX is not in union with the Catholic Church, with Rome at the Vatican.
It is unfair to say the laity that attend the SSPX are more faithful and more in union with Rome than the vast majority of Catholics. How do you account for this? Do you have somedocumented proof of this?

Mar 16th 2014 new

Dear John,

In Domino,

Joseph
Good points Joseph.
Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: Catholic Match even purchased a Traditional Catholic Singles web site run by someone associated with the SSPX and sent a welcome letter. If you have a problem with topics that touch on the SSPX I can't help you with that. You'll need to contact CM administration.

I don't have a problem with topics that "touch" on the SSPX. I do have a problem promoting the SSPX as if their Masses are licit because the Church says they are not; nor is the SSPX authorized to dispense the Sacraments.

As far as you throwing CM's apparent purchase of a "Traditional Singles Site" into here, I don't know what possible relevance it has to my comments nor how it buttresses your suggestion (innuendo) that they too are promoting the SSPX. You are just muddying the discussion. I suspect that you are misrepresenting what CM is doing and constructing as if a parallel to cloak your action.

I don't see CM promoting SSPX's services. Perhaps someone from the CM staff can/will chime in, either in support of your comment or provide a clarification. If they do not, I am still quite content with my impression and don't need a clarification.

Now, if there are persons who are coming here having had been with the SSPX, well so much the better. I would think that they would do better here then where they were. Having the consolation of being "in touch" with a Catholic site and closer to the Church is where we belong.

True aspirations without game playing is what provides us the TLM by the Church.

Posts 1 - 10 of 47