Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Let's Make A Deal Breaker

Jan 12th 2014 new
What are some of the deal breakers for you on Catholic Match? For instance, do you absolutely need to be with someone who matches your 7 out of 7? Will you refuse to date a smoker or someone who uses drugs like marijuana? What about someone who is a "born-again" virgin that now wants to save themselves for marriage? Just curious what some of your deal breakers are out there?
Jan 12th 2014 new
A main deal-breaker for me would be that he didn't like me.
Jan 12th 2014 new
If he hated spaghetti. . .just kidding. . .well sort of. . .but seriously. . . too much drinking of alcohol. . .and lack of compassion for others regardless of their worthiness for compassion.
Jan 12th 2014 new
Dishonesty is a major one. Beyond that I'd have to give the matter more thought. But where there are lies there is no relationship, that's for sure.
Jan 12th 2014 new
(quote) Jeff-406043 said: What are some of the deal breakers for you on Catholic Match? For instance, do you absolutely need to be with someone who matches your 7 out of 7? Will you refuse to date a smoker or someone who uses drugs like marijuana? What about someone who is a "born-again" virgin that now wants to save themselves for marriage? Just curious what some of your deal breakers are out there?
Jeff, my preference is 7/7 match; however, most of us in 2014 are not adequately catecized. I don't know everything, including some rationales about Church teachings, but I actively seek out Catholic apologetics, study my Bible, read, attend conferences, etc.. There is a saying, "when you know better, you do better." (hopefully). Because someone doesn't believe something doesn't mean they are not open to receiving information & it doesn't mean they will dissuade you from believing. Again I prefer 7/7, but depending on other responses on the profile such as mass attendance, their interests, what they are looking for, and any other information about them I can glean, I may communicate with them. Also, asking them why they don't agree/believe, may provide additional useful information.

Due to horrible allergies smoking is an automatic elimination. Active criminals need not apply either. wink

Jan 12th 2014 new
She won't be out of prison for 10 years.
Jan 12th 2014 new

I have to say being a drug therapist, any illegal drug use is a deal breaker... and someone who is not in a stable position in life.. someone who is actively abusing alcohol, not taking care of themselves...a man who has not annulled their marriage... I know it sounds picky, yet I have tried to save guys in the past... and I need a man who is stable in life & ready to commit to a wonderful woman like myself :)

Mar 16th 2014 new

I got out of the business of trying to change people a long time ago, you can't jump on board the ship and then complain about the destination. If they live a lifestyle which is at variance with the faith or morals of the Church, chances are you're probably not going to change them (at least not completely), and if they are reformed, then once again, the odds are they would be in accord with the faith questions, rather than continuing to answer to the negative.
One of my immediate deal breakers is a negative answer on the faith questions on the use of contraception, premarital sex, and a desire for a very small family (1-2 children). Generally speaking, this can be indicator that this individual lives (or seeks to live) a self-centered lifestyle which sees living a lavish or stylish standard of living (or travel/spending habits) as its catalyst, where 3 or more children could present an economic barrier to that; the same may be said for sexual habits wherein it may have been a tool of recreation for them previously and could continues to serve as a test drive for new partners. This sort of person may be more likely serve you with good bye papers when they no longer "feel happy", or when the going gets rough financially.

Mar 16th 2014 new
Current use of drugs; current over-indulgence in booze.
Can't talk without cursing.
Insists on ranting about politics...without ever ascertaining my views.

Mar 16th 2014 new
The deal breaker so far has been if that person is a cafeteria Catholic. I can't trust that kind of person with the protection of my body and of our future children if he supports abortion, supports the use of contraceptives, and supports the compromising of my purity and dignity.
Posts 1 - 10 of 32