Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Disappointment

Mar 17th 2014 new
My subscription will end March 27th, and I will not renew. My disappointment stems not especially from the fact that I did not meet anyone special; mainly, it was perhaps naive surprises: that words in messages I wrote might have been misinterpreted or - perhaps - taken out of context. Also, what I feel is rude - when I contacted someone, if there was no interest on his part, it would have at least been nice to drop me a line to that effect.

Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Leslie-398766 said: My subscription will end March 27th, and I will not renew. My disappointment stems not especially from the fact that I did not meet anyone special; mainly, it was perhaps naive surprises: that words in messages I wrote might have been misinterpreted or - perhaps - taken out of context. Also, what I feel is rude - when I contacted someone, if there was no interest on his part, it would have at least been nice to drop me a line to that effect.

Hi Leslie...no reply might mean he is a paid member....
Mar 17th 2014 new
Leslie hello. So sad to know you decided not to renew but I wish you well. I seemed to concur that sometimes messages can be misconstrued or misunderstood either by the way we deliver them or by the way the recipient takes or interprets them and having said that, this became a learning process. For the "rudeness" feeling, this had been "a concerned and raised during the previous posts" and most of the CM members experienced this and several insights were shared as well. I am with you and it will really be eelcoming and very nice if members of CM will learn to interact - will it be for acquiantance sake, friendship, relationship. After all we are all Catholics, we all deserve courtesies and we are CM members. It is just good to have very good vibes and be surrounded by peace and positive individuals. Take care.
Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Beng-1051944 said: Leslie hello. So sad to know you decided not to renew but I wish you well. I seemed to concur that sometimes messages can be misconstrued or misunderstood either by the way we deliver them or by the way the recipient takes or interprets them and having said that, this became a learning process. For the "rudeness" feeling, this had been "a concerned and raised during the previous posts" and most of the CM members experienced this and several insights were shared as well. I am with you and it will really be eelcoming and very nice if members of CM will learn to interact - will it be for acquiantance sake, friendship, relationship. After all we are all Catholics, we all deserve courtesies and we are CM members. It is just good to have very good vibes and be surrounded by peace and positive individuals. Take care.
Double posting....apologies guys. Thanks.
Mar 17th 2014 new
Don't give up so easily! hug
This is par for the course in online "contact" (it's sure not "dating"!!)
Give the guys a chance.
This is a great place to meet new friends...but you have to meet people halfway, and then some, sometimes.
Mar 17th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Hi Leslie...no reply might mean he is a paid member....
I apologize. No reply might mean he is NOT a paid member.
Mar 17th 2014 new
sorry that you did have a good experience ... wish you well leslie .... the gentlemen seems to move like turtles or something ....
Mar 18th 2014 new
Leslie, Welcome to the challenge. This is not easy. I've been around the site a while, not as long as some but longer than others. I hear your frustration. I spend time, get into my cheerful me place and I just do what I think is a cheerful charming message. I use to think, I have no photo that's why I'm getting no reply. . I put on my photo. I'm not awesome but I wouldn't scare anyone with my photo.?? Well I don't think so. Nothing. Then I thought my profile needs a boost, that's why. I tweaked my profile. No. ? Then I got a thought, send out a lot of hello messages by increasing the number of messages I send, that'll do it! No. OK, my messages are to long. Shorter messages. No. Now what? Now my latest reason for not getting more responses is my age. Blah the age card....I didn't go to that until I was really stuck. It's my age! Whatever the reason I have a lot of company of all ages wondering why the men are on site but silent. They are not all silent I've got to know a few and I've enjoyed the messages. I've stayed with catholicmatch because the Forums are really good. There's good information and at times I get a really good laugh. Best to you.
Mar 18th 2014 new
Thanks to all who have answered this post - all interesting and enlightening!

Leslie
Mar 18th 2014 new
(quote) Leslie-398766 said: My subscription will end March 27th, and I will not renew. My disappointment stems not especially from the fact that I did not meet anyone special; mainly, it was perhaps naive surprises: that words in messages I wrote might have been misinterpreted or - perhaps - taken out of context. Also, what I feel is rude - when I contacted someone, if there was no interest on his part, it would have at least been nice to drop me a line to that effect.

Dito
Posts 1 - 10 of 42