Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

If Bill Donahue ran for president he would have my vote in a heartbeat. (and Sheriff Joe for Vice President)
This is awesome, he turns the tables on them when it comes to their "parade."
www.newsmax.com
Mar 20th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: If Bill Donahue ran for president he would have my vote in a heartbeat. (and Sheriff Joe for Vice President)
http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/Bill-Donohue-parade-gay-straight/2014/03/19/id/560592/
Dang, and I just had a Guinness Stout at a St. Patrick's Day party monday night! embarassed
Mar 20th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: If Bill Donahue ran for president he would have my vote in a heartbeat. (and Sheriff Joe for Vice President)
http://www.newsmax.com/NewsmaxTv/Bill-Donohue-parade-gay-straight/2014/03/19/id/560592/
I know what the Bible says about homosexuality. But at the same time I supported gay marriage when they tried to appeal to the Christian in me. That they just wanted to get married like a normal family.

The problem is that they are no longer appealing to Christians. They've united instead with others living alternative lifestyles. Calling it freedom! Forcing what they want for the rest of us. Opening doors for all other forms of adulterers.

I guess it all goes back to "Don't Ask/Don't Tell". I don't care what you do if you keep it to yourself. The minute they start selling the stuff I can't help but see them as predators.

My two cents worth. And I won't even start on bisexuals. The gateway drug to all things polygamous.
Mar 20th 2014 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: I know what the Bible says about homosexuality. But at the same time I supported gay marriage when they tried to appeal to the Christian in me. That they just wanted to get married like a normal family.

The problem is that they are no longer appealing to Christians. They've united instead with others living alternative lifestyles. Calling it freedom! Forcing what they want for the rest of us. Opening doors for all other forms of adulterers.

I guess it all goes back to "Don't Ask/Don't Tell". I don't care what you do if you keep it to yourself. The minute they start selling the stuff I can't help but see them as predators.

My two cents worth. And I won't even start on bisexuals. The gateway drug to all things polygamous.
Eric, you don't know what the Bible says about homosexuality if you support gay "marriage".
Two men (or women) living together and being sexually active is not "like a normal family".
It is the farthest thing from a normal family.
Mar 21st 2014 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: I know what the Bible says about homosexuality. But at the same time I supported gay marriage when they tried to appeal to the Christian in me. That they just wanted to get married like a normal family.

Good synopsis. I agree with you.
Mar 21st 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Good synopsis. I agree with you.
Thank you. Sometimes I feel like the last person left in the center. Sure the concept of homosexuality creeps me out. And I'm not sure that they should be allowed to raise children. Not to mention that they will have all the advantages of marriage that I don't have.

But you can't live your life with hatred in your heart. Sometimes you just see something as the lesser of many evils. What about a straight married man with children (including a young daughter) who has "relations" with single women outside of his marriage? With his wife's permission even! I have to believe the lesson he is teaching society is a much worse one indeed.

The problem is they are passing over a unique opportunity. With the legalization of gay marriage they could outlaw adultery. That trade off seems logical to me.

The question then is...why aren't they doing it? boggled

Mar 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: Thank you. Sometimes I feel like the last person left in the center. Sure the concept of homosexuality creeps me out. And I'm not sure that they should be allowed to raise children. Not to mention that they will have all the advantages of marriage that I don't have.

But you can't live your life with hatred in your heart. Sometimes you just see something as the lesser of many evils. What about a straight married man with children (including a young daughter) who has "relations" with single women outside of his marriage? With his wife's permission even! I have to believe the lesson he is teaching society is a much worse one indeed.

The problem is they are passing over a unique opportunity. With the legalization of gay marriage they could outlaw adultery. That trade off seems logical to me.

The question then is...why aren't they doing it?

I have a problem with calling it "marriage." They should have had another
term for same sex unions.

On the radio I heard that a same sex married couple wanted to get a divorce in
their state. But the state does not have same sex marriage laws. So the state
just called it "out of wedlock." I guess they were referring to the initial marriage.
Not sure.

Mar 22nd 2014 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I have a problem with calling it "marriage." They should have had another
term for same sex unions.

There is a proper term for same sex unions. Perversion!
Mar 22nd 2014 new
Same sex marriage is a perversion, but you have an interesting point about adultery. There is a bad message coming from such mariages that does a lot of harm. If they were to outlaw adultery it would be fair if both the cheater and the third party had some justice served to them. I know it is wrong to cheat on a marriage mate, but some of these "other parties" have an unreal expectation of loyalty from the cheating spouse once things start heating up, and they need to be set straight and put in their place.
Mar 23rd 2014 new
It's still sex outside of marriage and we should view all sex outside of marriage as not only sinful, but bad for society in general. Marriage as a social institution predates Christianity and was instituted for the regulation of sexual activity and for the protection of women and children. Heterosexual sexual activity outside of marriage leads to children born out of wedlock. Children born and raised outside of a traditional family are much more likely to have problems and become a burden on society. Homosexual sex (which is always outside of marriage) has led to the spread of communicable diseases. In both cases, the larger community stands to be disadvantaged from the actions of individual people. It would stand to reason that this is why traditional morals/laws attempted to discourage individuals from having sex outside of marriage.
Posts 1 - 10 of 200