Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

we are exposing ourselves by revealing to another man/woman about ourselves. Here we are online, a place where we never thought we'd end up, looking for our better half. Do we find our better half or do we find the worst in ourselves?

women tend to be the ones who will open up more so than the men. I believe we have those trust instincts very early on. Men need to be nurtured and in most cases are looking for a woman who reminds him of his mother in some respects. I have heard that some women are looking for traits of their fathers in a man. So, where do we draw the line and just let go and Let God help us in our decision making?

if you meet from a forum then be prepared for a lot of communication!

It is good to be able to talk to one another and the forums provide an avenue for that!

what are your thoughts?

Mar 20th 2014 new
I believe that men and women are afraid of being vulnerable and showing their weaknesses. People are afraid of being hurt.
Mar 20th 2014 new
I believe that men and women are afraid of being vulnerable and showing their weaknesses. People are afraid of being hurt.
Mar 20th 2014 new
For me, I'm absolutely terrified of revealing circumstances from my past that still affect me. Yes, it's the past but it does haunt me. I would also agree, folks don't want to be hurt, and as such, maybe a bit cautious about weaknesses. Later down the line in a relationship, I can see it, but just getting to know someone, I'm not sure I'd want them to know very quickly.
Mar 20th 2014 new
(quote) Katie-792377 said: For me, I'm absolutely terrified of revealing circumstances from my past that still affect me. Yes, it's the past but it does haunt me. I would also agree, folks don't want to be hurt, and as such, maybe a bit cautious about weaknesses. Later down the line in a relationship, I can see it, but just getting to know someone, I'm not sure I'd want them to know very quickly.

hi Katie,

welcome to the forums! and thank you for your reply

Mar 21st 2014 new
Haveing my heart broke I would rather be beaten up than have a broken heart.But let me say that I don't want either but you get the point.
Mar 21st 2014 new
(quote) JonPaul-384745 said: Haveing my heart broke I would rather be beaten up than have a broken heart.But let me say that I don't want either but you get the point.
m.youtube.com
rose
Mar 21st 2014 new
From the sight of the number of men in warm weather wearing those baggy half-length pants (whatever they're called), many men with abdomens are not afraid of revealing chicken legs. But, sometimes, one wishes they were.
Mar 21st 2014 new

I was assisting a female CM member with improving her Condo Unit when she requested my "permission" to ask me a "personal" question.

I informed her that she was most welcome to ask ANY question pertaining to ANY aspect of my life, past or present, no matter how "personal" or intrusive the question was.. It's distinctly possible that I might reveal, in my answer to her question, "personal" information that would cause her to have a less favorable opinion of me, but I was quite willing to reveal such , no matter what consequence might result from my truthful and honest response.

I was somewhat amused by her question which was about her concern for my future life, so in a sense her question was somewhat "thoughtful"

Mar 21st 2014 new
(quote) Marie-575233 said: I believe that men and women are afraid of being vulnerable and showing their weaknesses. People are afraid of being hurt.
I guess this is a doubled edge sword....I guess you need to make a calculated risk. There is the expression, " the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward" There is a lot of truth in that. The irony with self-disclosure is that we are afraid if we reveal things from the past we are going to be judged negatively and thus be rejected. However, what usually happens but not always is that by allowing ourselves to be human we actually become more lovable and make the other person feel safe to reveal themselves. Maybe both men and women should get out of their comfort zone and take the risk!
Posts 1 - 10 of 49