Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feeling hopeless tonight

Mar 21st 2014 new
I'm sorry to keep asking for prayers here, but my daughter's heart condition is not stabilizing. We spoke to her surgeon and cardiologist today. The surgeon cut her fluids to 1,000 ml/day (about half what a normal person would drink) and she's no longer allowed to eat anything - she'll receive nutrition through her I.V.. He's trying to slow down the output from her chest tubes (about 2000 ml/day). After the surgeon came and made those adjustments, the cardiologist came - after being gone for a week. He is usually optimistic and jokes around a lot, but today he seemed defeated. He doesn't know what else to try to stabilize her, if cutting her fluids doesn't work. He told us that if the heart failure team doesn't agree to put her on the transplant list tomorrow, they'll get her as stable as possible and send her home...and looked me in the eye and asked if I understood.

They've been saying all along that she's too malnourished to be on the transplant list and even though we've been pushing her to eat and adding extra protein to everything, it hasn't made any difference, because it's all draining out through her chest tube. I don't want Krystyna to feel as hopeless as I do, because she really relies on me to keep her spirits up, so it's hard to talk about this with anyone or anywhere where she might hear... I can't even cry, because my eyes swell up and turn red for a long time afterward, and she'll know why I've been crying. I don't want to take away her hope.
Mar 21st 2014 new
Praying Praying Praying
Mar 21st 2014 new
Joyce, don't apologize for asking for prayers!! Ask as much as you need.

I will offer prayers for your dear daughter. Praying
Mar 21st 2014 new
Praying theheart
Mar 21st 2014 new
prayers offered.
Mar 21st 2014 new
Hugs and prayers. Not sure if you still have my email address.... I'll message you
Mar 21st 2014 new
Praying I am so sorry that you feel like you can not let your emotions out. I know you have to be strong for your daughter. I will keep you both in my prayers.
Mar 21st 2014 new
Prayers offered.
Mar 21st 2014 new
Praying rose hug
Mar 21st 2014 new
prayers Praying Praying Praying
Posts 1 - 10 of 92