Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

"Why are you still single?"

Mar 23rd 2014 new
I was at a family gathering and once again caught off guard when my aunt asked me, "Why are you still single???" Too stunned to answer, I fell silent for a moment and then just mumbled an "I don't know." It irked me that I didn't have a great comeback. So what did I do? I googled it off course tongue The two responses that I found and will try next time are, "I think life is too short for me to not spend it with someone I deserve." or "My prince charming took a wrong turn and is too stubborn to ask for directions." tongue If you've ever been asked this question, what was your reply or how will you reply if asked?
Mar 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Anna-1061976 said: I was at a family gathering and once again caught off guard when my aunt asked me, "Why are you still single???" Too stunned to answer, I fell silent for a moment and then just mumbled an "I don't know." It irked me that I didn't have a great comeback. So what did I do? I googled it off course The two responses that I found and will try next time are, "I think life is too short for me to not spend it with someone I deserve." or "My prince charming took a wrong turn and is too stubborn to ask for directions." If you've ever been asked this question, what was your reply or how will you reply if asked?
I once read a post about polite answers to this and other inappropriate remarks. Some of my answers have been,
"Why not?"
"I didn't realize I had to be married."
"Ask the guys." or
"You haven't been praying hard enough for me." :) Always with a smile and a laugh.
Mar 23rd 2014 new
(quote) Anna-1061976 said: I was at a family gathering and once again caught off guard when my aunt asked me, "Why are you still single???" Too stunned to answer, I fell silent for a moment and then just mumbled an "I don't know." It irked me that I didn't have a great comeback. So what did I do? I googled it off course The two responses that I found and will try next time are, "I think life is too short for me to not spend it with someone I deserve." or "My prince charming took a wrong turn and is too stubborn to ask for directions." If you've ever been asked this question, what was your reply or how will you reply if asked?
I like the one about Prince Charming. Cute!

Mar 23rd 2014 new
Depending on your personality, don't rule out a good offense: "I don't know, hook me up, will ya?" laughing SOMEBODY'S gotta know my man, maybe this person does.
Mar 23rd 2014 new
I'm single never married because the husband who will be committed to a real sacramental marriage in the Catholic Church has never appeared on my journey yet....
The operative word is YET.
Mar 23rd 2014 new
because God hasn't introduce me to him that's why we haven't met yet.
because i don't want to settle for anyone else just to be considered married.

these are the usual answer i reply to people who always asked me why i am still single mischievous laughing

Mar 23rd 2014 new
Because there hasn't been a smart, handsome, intelligent man that has woken up from his sleep and met me yet that I have decided to marry wink

You have to find something glib to say as people do not realize that they are being ignorant when they say these remarks. The older generation at least have an excuse, because they don't know any better.
Mar 23rd 2014 new
Mr. Husband is yet to find me. God bless his eyesight :-) ♥.... Good question. Perhaps you have not had me on your prayer request as you should. [Big grin]♥ God timing has never failed me yet and it's beautiful when it is His time ♥ Why haven't you hooked me up, I guess you're slacking ♥
Mar 23rd 2014 new
Why make one man miserable when I can make so many so happy? laughing laughing

That shuts them up sometimes. eyebrow
Mar 23rd 2014 new
My response is usually one of the following:
"Look at me. Do I look like George Clooney or Bradley Cooper?"
"Can't afford not to be."
"Cuz girls keep clicking on the --------'s profile above mine"
"If I knew, I wouldn't be standing here talking to you." (If asked by a female)
"Why do you ask? Interested?" (If asked by a female)

Posts 1 - 10 of 57