Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

This question keeps popping my head lately so i decided to create a topic for this... so here it is smile

I was wondering, how long most members have been on this dating site and what keeps them from renewing/subscribing back whether continuous or on/off thing? scratchchin

Most of the people I had exchange message or still keeping in touch with have been here for a year or less and they are on and off this site. Based on what i read from the forums as I am getting to like it too.. some have been here for about 10 yrs or so, some are lucky to find their perfect catholic match after years of waiting, hoping and trying but to some if not most still in dismay, some are still hopeful like me to find our "perfect" and God willing catholic match. Some are even happy and having fun to have found good friends in here.

I had been a member of this site for almost a year now but a paying subscriber for 8 months now... so far the one that keeps me logging in here most of the time is by checking out the forums and the blog stories for the past 3 months now, since lately, i'm keeping my "expectations" low compare to when i started to join/subscribe on this site.

It often happens that you feel frustrated at times due to difficulty in finding "the one" due to various reasons or getting less messages at a daily, weekly, bi-monthly or even on a monthly basis. I also did tried the chatrooms and have a few good friends and continue to keep in touch with them outside cm. I had even met one CM member in person. Yes got my first date from CM with a woman and i think for her too! and we teased each other when we first met that it's unlucky for us that we were not invited by a CM guy for a first date but lucky for us to had met and make it happen because we felt we are like "lost" sisters that had found each other. She was even lucky to meet my siblings.

So the question or the sharing i wanted to see/read... how long have you been here in cm and what's keeping you from renewing/going back year after year? What features of CM do you like most and often checks out?

I just wanted to know your thoughts and CM stories as there are a lot of "negative" if not so good stories or rant of some members joining this site. :) I hope that this topic would give positive outlook or hope about cm.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and stories! I'm pretty sure to learn a lot from your sharings!

Godbless us all! angel

Mar 28th 2014 new
I've been a paying member for 2 months. In my first two weeks on CM, I met someone. He messaged me, we exchanged emails for a few days, then phone numbers. He texted the day he got my number, and called that night. 2 days later we met for coffee. We then went out on a few dates and had a really great time. He's a really great guy! He's probably someone I wouldn't have ever met without CM. So I know there are good people out there on this site who really are looking for a relationship, and not just banter online.

I'm enjoying the forums, the different perspectives, and the potential for options. I decided to try CM after being disillusioned with other online sites. That being said, as of right now I probably won't renew again. Of course, I may change my mind when the time comes to renew.

As for finding "the one", sometimes we're so busy looking we don't see what's right in front of us. So we should always keep an open mind and be open to God's plan. You could meet "the one" anywhere and anytime. Every person you meet on your path is there for a reason. While you may/may not meet "the one" online, those who you do meet that aren't the one are preparing you so you recognize "the one" when you do meet them. Especially since "the one" might not be anything like what you are expecting.
Mar 28th 2014 new
thanks Christie for sharing your story.

I also do agree that there are good people out there on this site who really are looking for a relationship, and not just banter online as i met so few of them here in cm, unfortunately either distance is one reason its not feasible or they had already met their "the one" earlier than i.

"as of right now I probably won't renew again. Of course, I may change my mind when the time comes to renew." - I may also agree with you on this one as this is also what i thought of these past weeks/months but will see when my subscription is near expiry.

good luck on finding your "the one" Christie!
Godbless! hug
Mar 28th 2014 new
I've been on and off this site a few times. I first joined shortly after I graduated from college, because I was living in a small town and it was hard to meet men my age. However, when that initial six-month subscription ended, I did not renew because I wanted to take some time to clearly discern my vocation with no distractions.

About a year or so later, when I had discerned that I was indeed called to marriage, I signed back up. I corresponded pretty seriously with a man on this site for several months then, and we went on a couple dates, but ultimately there was no spark, and I did not renew when that subscription ran out, mostly because I wanted a little time off.

Another year later, and I joined again, and this time I met a couple nice guys. One came down from Chicago to meet me, and the other I ended up dating for half a year. Ultimately, after a lot of prayer I realized he wasn't the one for me, but at that point my subscription had once again expired.

After the last relationship, I thought I needed time off, or would prefer to meet someone in "real life". However, after about 14 months being off the site, I came to realize that if I am indeed to follow God's will and pursue marriage as my vocation, I shouldn't close any doors to where He may be leading me to find my future spouse. So I prayed a lot about it, and then signed back up.

So that's the whole story! I'm planning on sticking around until I start dating someone, either from this site or off the site.
Mar 29th 2014 new
thanks for sharing your story Jennifer! good luck on finding your "the one" whether through online or in person anyways, your still young smile Godbless! hug

Mar 29th 2014 new
Maybe 4 years, lost track. Not much for a dating site, but I do love the forums and Catholic stories, the debates and people. Distance I think makes it hard here as being in school makes it impossible for me at least for the next 6 mo to travel.

But maybe, just maybe, some day I will find that Good Catholic Boy with Real True Values, not perfect of course, but perfect for me wink lovestruck! Praying Praying Praying
Mar 29th 2014 new
thanks for sharing your story Cathy! good luck on finding your "the one" your perfect match! whether through online or maybe he is just somewhere around your campus smile
agree with you on forums and catholic stories love reading them too including the debates laughing
Godbless! hug
Mar 29th 2014 new
(quote) Abbey-937473 said: thanks for sharing your story Cathy! good luck on finding your "the one" your perfect match! whether through online or maybe he is just somewhere around your campus
agree with you on forums and catholic stories love reading them too including the debates
Godbless!
Thanks Abby, but hopefully not on campus being one of the elders, plus there are no men instructors in the nursing program:( Boo-hoo! laughing Makes for boring lectures, hehe, jk.
Mar 29th 2014 new
(quote) Cathy-564420 said: Maybe 4 years, lost track. Not much for a dating site, but I do love the forums and Catholic stories, the debates and people. Distance I think makes it hard here as being in school makes it impossible for me at least for the next 6 mo to travel.

But maybe, just maybe, some day I will find that Good Catholic Boy with Real True Values, not perfect of course, but perfect for me
Do you have any idea how much I wish I could pick on you for being here longer than me, but can't because you haven't been??? weeping irked laughing

theheart
Mar 29th 2014 new
(quote) Victor-544727 said: Do you have any idea how much I wish I could pick on you for being here longer than me, but can't because you haven't been???

I guess you can pick on me, then -- I've been here 9 years and 9 months.

Posts 1 - 10 of 40