Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Game's Over Rant

Mar 31st 2014 new
I honestly used to think that I had to do my part by having an active account on here, but honestly after the bitter experiences I've had so far of online dating, I'm calling it quits now. People say that maybe the right man just hasn't joined yet. I think that's a bunch of baloney. If it is God's will that I'll marry, I'll end up getting married to someone who I'll meet naturally. God has proven to me in my life that He will steer us into the right direction when we seem to be going on the wrong path. People on here seem to be scared of commitment, it seems. They have to keep their "options open." Maybe that works for others, but I'm not an option, baby. I'm a commitment and if you're not ready; tough love, because I'm moving on. I'm just fed up with all of this really. This is my rant. I don't expect any nice comments back. Anyways, this is my goodbye to CatholicMatch. I'm shutting my profile down in a couple of days. Anyone who wants to keep in touch as friends, just message me and I'll Facebook you or something. Good luck to all of you who still feel called to stay on this site. My time's over. Bye! rose
Mar 31st 2014 new
Good luck and God Bless you . Praying
Mar 31st 2014 new
Most usually I find when someone reacts this harshly to something, it's sad, but there's something else going on.

I wish you the best of luck in all things, unwavering joy and laughter for a lifetime!!

But know that you're welcome to return at any time, even if just for the forums for having someone pray for your intentions.

May St. Joseph bring you the man of your dreams and peace overcome any hurt that has transpired.

Mar 31st 2014 new
Why cant you keep your account and meet people in more traditional ways? I dont think any man you meet outside of this site is any more likely not to have commitment issues.
Mar 31st 2014 new
Good luck
Mar 31st 2014 new
Ditto, I feel the same way. I've been trying for 5+ years and nothings happening. I'm going to let my account run out and I don't think I'll look back. I don't want to be single but what I want isn't what God wants in my life right now. I need to grow or change in someway that I haven't figured out yet. When that happens it will happen but until then I'm where I am. God bless you in your search as well.
Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Alma-953915 said: I honestly used to think that I had to do my part by having an active account on here, but honestly after the bitter experiences I've had so far of online dating, I'm calling it quits now. People say that maybe the right man just hasn't joined yet. I think that's a bunch of baloney. If it is God's will that I'll marry, I'll end up getting married to someone who I'll meet naturally. God has proven to me in my life that He will steer us into the right direction when we seem to be going on the wrong path. People on here seem to be scared of commitment, it seems. They have to keep their "options open." Maybe that works for others, but I'm not an option, baby. I'm a commitment and if you're not ready; tough love, because I'm moving on. I'm just fed up with all of this really. This is my rant. I don't expect any nice comments back. Anyways, this is my goodbye to CatholicMatch. I'm shutting my profile down in a couple of days. Anyone who wants to keep in touch as friends, just message me and I'll Facebook you or something. Good luck to all of you who still feel called to stay on this site. My time's over. Bye!
I don't like the Internet in general. It's just too unnatural. Lokking for EXACTLY what you're looking for. Before the Internet you went out and settled for what was available. And I've gotta tell ya from experience it was far better.

That's my rant. I can't believe WE. Not just I. Have wasted a decade of OUR lives like this. Not even living.

This isn't what Jesus suggested. He wanted us out in the world spreading our example. Sins today meant redemption tomorrow. What was important is that we were all part of a greater society. One that had to conform...bend a little in both directions...so we could all live together in peace.

Our absence in the real world is why our world is crumbling! Now the question is. Is the outside world ready for the gifts we bring?

LOVE being one of them. flower

Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Eric-929127 said: This isn't what Jesus suggested. He wanted us out in the world spreading our example. Sins today meant redemption tomorrow. What was important is that we were all part of a greater society. One that had to conform...bend a little in both directions...so we could all live together in peace.

Our absence in the real world is why our world is crumbling! Now the question is. Is the outside world ready for the gifts we bring?

LOVE being one of them.
Wow... being on CM does not mean we are not "out in the world spreading our example" nor are we absent from the "real world". I live my faith every day... not just here on CM... not just in my home... every day, everywhere I go. I imagine that the vast majority of CM members could say the same thing.

If anyone doesn't like it here, that's fine. CM obviously isn't everyone's cup of tea. I wish you well in all your endeavors wherever they lead you. God bless.
Mar 31st 2014 new
After almost 15 years of working with CatholicMatch I have to say I have never understood the all or nothing attitude. CatholicMatch simply exists to provide opportunities for singles to meet people they otherwise would not meet while providing a Catholic specific environment. Beyond that how people choose to use CatholicMatch is really up to them. It is unfortunate and we have grown accustom to it but some people expect online dating (in our case CatholicMatch) to do things it simply is not intended to do. No matter if you use online dating sites or not I think it is generally smart to stay open to all possibilities because you just never know. In the mean time it is about living life in the present to it's fullest and living out your faith. Honestly I am not sure what the healthy alternative could be. I know myself I regret wasting some of the time/opportunities I had as a single guy. I did not always use wisely what God gave me.
Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Rob-362135 said: Wow... being on CM does not mean we are not "out in the world spreading our example" nor are we absent from the "real world". I live my faith every day... not just here on CM... not just in my home... every day, everywhere I go. I imagine that the vast majority of CM members could say the same thing.

If anyone doesn't like it here, that's fine. CM obviously isn't everyone's cup of tea. I wish you well in all your endeavors wherever they lead you. God bless.
No offense meant to this website. It's better than many of the alternatives. That's why I'm here. I'd rather feel worse than most of the people around me than better. The later being a sin in itself.

I am humbled by people like yourself. I am no longer witness to the horrors of our world. I just believe that technology has allowed separation and that the center was better.

That's all I was saying. duck
Posts 1 - 10 of 43