Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Apr 2nd 2014 new
What is truly sad is, Yet another Catholic church is closed.
Apr 3rd 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: What is truly sad is, Yet another Catholic church is closed.
Every time a Catholic church is closed it's bad. Apparently, this is also happening across Europe:

www.gatestoneinstitute.org

Apr 17th 2014 new
The Europeans are having few kids, the Muslims, it would seem, are having more. Here in Toronto there are few sights more common than a pregnant Muslim woman pushing a stroller, with two more kids holding on to her from right and left. Actions have consequences.
Apr 25th 2014 new
I heard the petitioners actually won the appeal to the Vatican but never got the decision enforced.

Meanwhile, Hubbard's Albany Diocese sold St. Patrick's parish property in Watervliet to a developer who has had the church and school demolished to make way for a Price Chopper. In a few years what will these bishops do when there's nothing left to sell off?

My local diocese wants to tear down a church many of my ancestors attended. It was built in 1884 and, until regular Masses ended a few years ago, was mostly full on Sundays. An appeal has halted demolition for the time being, but the diocese, pastor and trustees want the church out of the way. They are faithless cowards in my opinion. I wish they'd quit the Church.
Apr 26th 2014 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: I heard the petitioners actually won the appeal to the Vatican but never got the decision enforced.

Meanwhile, Hubbard's Albany Diocese sold St. Patrick's parish property in Watervliet to a developer who has had the church and school demolished to make way for a Price Chopper. In a few years what will these bishops do when there's nothing left to sell off?

My local diocese wants to tear down a church many of my ancestors attended. It was built in 1884 and, until regular Masses ended a few years ago, was mostly full on Sundays. An appeal has halted demolition for the time being, but the diocese, pastor and trustees want the church out of the way. They are faithless cowards in my opinion. I wish they'd quit the Church.
Day by day these guys are becoming more and more like the corrupt money changers. Judas was an example of someone who could be bought off. Fast forward to 2014 and you have our leaderships selling churches to our enemies. What people don't understand is that the muslims view this as a victory in their war against the Church.
Apr 26th 2014 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Day by day these guys are becoming more and more like the corrupt money changers. Judas was an example of someone who could be bought off. Fast forward to 2014 and you have our leaderships selling churches to our enemies. What people don't understand is that the muslims view this as a victory in their war against the Church.
Yes...the Church institution has become very corrupt. Some of these bishops are closing churches as fast as they can. Dolan is kicking off another series of church closings in NYC. God forbid the Church try to bring people back.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7