Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sense of humor

Apr 3rd 2014 new
For me it's hard to resist someone with a good sense of humor. I say it's a good quality to have because it's good to lighten up someone. Being too serious can be boring. two cents

Think of a joke like this: What do you get when you sing in the shower? A soap opera. laughing Get it?
Apr 3rd 2014 new
I agree, Tom. A sense of humor is God's gift to us to help us get through tough times.

Q: What do you call a species with the mating habits of CMers?
A: Extinct!

LOL, I slay me!

smile
Apr 3rd 2014 new
My 9 year old told me this one this morning:
What is a cow's favorite bedtime story?
A Dairy tale!
(Wasn't that udderly hilarious?)
Apr 3rd 2014 new
laughing laughing laughing Rachel, don't get me started! I am the princess of bad jokes, especially puns.

In my ESL class I use two jokes a day to start class. Everybody settles and focuses on me, I get to teach idioms and new vocabulary and everybody gets a good laugh. Correct guesses get jolly ranchers.

Humor leavens the stresses and sorrows of life. I believe in choosing joy and making your own fun whenever possible. heart
Apr 3rd 2014 new

My priest told us this one ..which you may have heard..

After a preacher died and went to heaven, he noticed a New York cab driver had been awarded a higher place than he.

"I don't understand," he complained to God. "I devoted my entire life to my congregation.

"God explained to him, "Our policy here in heaven is to reward results. Now, was your congregation well attuned to you whenever you gave a sermon?"

"Well," the minister had to admit, "some in the congregation fell asleep from time to time.""Exactly," said God, "and when people rode in this man's taxi, they not only stayed wake, they even prayed."

Praying Praying Praying

Apr 3rd 2014 new
At school I saw a flyer taped to the wall. It was one of those papers that have fringes that you can tear off (usually with a phone number on it but this has puns on it). The flyer was entitled: "These puns are tearable"
Apr 3rd 2014 new
Did you hear about the new corduroy pillows? Theyre making headlines everywhere!

A farmer in the field with his cows counted 196 of them, but when he rounded them up he had 200.

Its hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
Apr 4th 2014 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: My 9 year old told me this one this morning:
What is a cow's favorite bedtime story?
A Dairy tale!
(Wasn't that udderly hilarious?)
laughing That's very clever!
Apr 4th 2014 new
It's great to be with someone that will make you laugh. Those type of people are fun to be with.
Apr 4th 2014 new
This is my kinda thread!!!

Sew I'm using it to weave my way through this tapestry of life...

Okay that was kinda terrible....but I thoroughly enjoyed trying to think up some sewing puns lol! lil mikie
Posts 1 - 10 of 116