Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I am a little shaken up right now. A family friend was just released from prison today after 23 years. He doesn't have many family members. One of his parents passed when he was a child and the other pretty much abandoned him when he went to prison. He took a bus from prison to NYC this morning and went looking for his aunt and sister, who pretty much are the only family who will bother with him, but he couldn't find them. So he wound up on my mother's doorstep. My mother and I live in the same building, so he pretty much landed on both our doorsteps.

I have to admit, I was really nervous about him being here. He was not incarcerated for a violent crime, however, I'm sure 23 years in prison didn't help him become a better person IMHO. I know that he had bad experiences there and he was not a model prisoner. Anyway, he stayed for hours and didn't seem to want to leave. I could be totally wrong, but I was worried that he was looking for an invitation to stay. God forgive me but I am scared to have him stay. I made a few phone calls and found the building address where his sister lives, but there's no guarantee she will take him in. I felt so guilty sending him out with maybe no place to go tonight, but I am scared to have him stay with me or my mother.

Please pray that his family embraces and supports him through what I'm sure is a very uncertain adjustment period. Please pray that he is able to get on public assistance or finds a job so he doesn't wind up back in prison. 23 years is a long time and I am concerned he might be institutionalized. Please also pray that he sees where the boundaries lie within the family friendship. And please pray he finds God. Thank you all in advance.

Apr 4th 2014 new
Praying hug hug
Apr 4th 2014 new
Praying Praying theheart
Apr 4th 2014 new
Hugs and prayers
Apr 4th 2014 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: I am a little shaken up right now. A family friend was just released from prison today after 23 years. He doesn't have many family members. One of his parents passed when he was a child and the other pretty much abandoned him when he went to prison. He took a bus from prison to NYC this morning and went looking for his aunt and sister, who pretty much are the only family who will bother with him, but he couldn't find them. So he wound up on my mother's doorstep. My mother and I live in the same building, so he pretty much landed on both our doorsteps.

I have to admit, I was really nervous about him being here. He was not incarcerated for a violent crime, however, I'm sure 23 years in prison didn't help him become a better person IMHO. I know that he had bad experiences there and he was not a model prisoner. Anyway, he stayed for hours and didn't seem to want to leave. I could be totally wrong, but I was worried that he was looking for an invitation to stay. God forgive me but I am scared to have him stay. I made a few phone calls and found the building address where his sister lives, but there's no guarantee she will take him in. I felt so guilty sending him out with maybe no place to go tonight, but I am scared to have him stay with me or my mother.

Please pray that his family embraces and supports him through what I'm sure is a very uncertain adjustment period. Please pray that he is able to get on public assistance or finds a job so he doesn't wind up back in prison. 23 years is a long time and I am concerned he might be institutionalized. Please also pray that he sees where the boundaries lie within the family friendship. And please pray he finds God. Thank you all in advance.

Praying Praying Praying theheart hug
Apr 5th 2014 new
Praying Praying
Apr 5th 2014 new
Praying Praying Praying
Apr 5th 2014 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: I am a little shaken up right now. A family friend was just released from prison today after 23 years. He doesn't have many family members. One of his parents passed when he was a child and the other pretty much abandoned him when he went to prison. He took a bus from prison to NYC this morning and went looking for his aunt and sister, who pretty much are the only family who will bother with him, but he couldn't find them. So he wound up on my mother's doorstep. My mother and I live in the same building, so he pretty much landed on both our doorsteps.

My prayers are united with yours, Josephine. hug theheart Praying
Apr 5th 2014 new
Praying Praying theheart rosary rosary
Apr 5th 2014 new
Patron Saints of Prisoners

Saint Vincent de Paul
  • Memorial: September 27

• Saint Maximilian Kolbe
  • Memorial: August 14

• Saint Dismas
  • Known as "The Good Thief"
  • Memorial: March 25
  • Patron of prisoners and reformed criminals

• Saint Joan of Arc
  • Memorial: May 30

• Prayer to Saint Dismas

Dear Saint Dismas,
    You cooperated with the grace that was yours
    in suffering the same fate as the Divine Master.
    You repented for your sins and believed, and you heard the Savior say:
    Today you will be with me in paradise."
    Obtain for those who have fallen the same grace of repentance,
    that they may obtain the same reward -- eternal life with Christ.
    Amen. Praying