Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I have found a couple of profiles that Im attracted to. Ive sent them already this little faces saying hello, but no answer.
Should I send a message? Or do I suppose to understand that no answer means NO answer?
What do you suggest? Arent we here to met people?
Apr 4th 2014 new
(quote) Alejandra-1064855 said: I have found a couple of profiles that Im attracted to. Ive sent them already this little faces saying hello, but no answer.
Should I send a message? Or do I suppose to understand that no answer means NO answer?
Alejandra,
Here is what I have observed: 1) the men you have sent emotigrams to, just haven't been on the site recently so they haven't had a chance to get back to you. That can apparently take up to 10 days for men to respond. Having said that, 2) most of the time if you don't hear anything it's because they aren't interested. Sorry to be so blunt. Yes, people are ostensibly here to meet people, but it's possible they have met someone in real life, or that you are too far away, or they are communicating with someone else. It's impossible to know unless they communicate their reason for lack of interest.

Don't give up.
Apr 5th 2014 new
(quote) Alejandra-1064855 said: I have found a couple of profiles that Im attracted to. Ive sent them already this little faces saying hello, but no answer.
No Alejandra. You already initiated contact and expressed interest in communication. I recommend that you wait to see if any of them respond favorably.

I believe, however, that the male perspective would be more helpful to you. Are there any men who want to respond?
Apr 5th 2014 new
Hi Alejandra,

No. If a person just sends me a high, hello, wink or like I will respond to her right away whether I initially fancy them or not; in fact that is one of my criteria for answering now because I quickly learnt that just because someone views your profile, it does not mean they like you initially. When you break the ice and show a little hint you'd like to talk and the guy does not respond then forget it and move. I for one like that subtle hint and I'm sure other men do as well.

Cheers,

Michael
Apr 5th 2014 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said: No Alejandra. You already initiated contact and expressed interest in communication. I recommend that you wait to see if any of them respond favorably.

I believe, however, that the male perspective would be more helpful to you. Are there any men who want to respond?
I'm a one-and-done person. I'm more than happy to send a first message or initiate a conversation, but I refuse to chase un-replied messages. A non-reply to a message from me guarantees that you'll never receive another. I'm sure there are some who don't mind endlessly stressing over and wasting their time chasing people who don't reply to them, but for me, that's the way it has to be. No sense in complaining about something that isn't worth complaining about, as far as I'm concerned.

No reply = no next message. No exceptions.

Pax
theheart
Apr 5th 2014 new
I commend you for taking the initiative! No response typically means no interest for whatever reason. God bless you, Alejandra!
Apr 7th 2014 new
It might be helpful to include a brief message when sending an emotigram initially. But I agree that if they go unanswered, the best thing to do is just move on.
Apr 7th 2014 new
Send a message. You joined this site to meet someone. If men you're interested in haven't responded, send some more messages to them and others. Trawling and sifting is the best strategy for online dating.
Apr 7th 2014 new
(quote) Amy-1075812 said: It might be helpful to include a brief message when sending an emotigram initially. But I agree that if they go unanswered, the best thing to do is just move on.
I think Amy pointed out some very good Advice that should not be ignored.

Adding a personalized message shows your read their profile and see something that piqued your interest or that you share in common.

I'm guessing most Men just like women want to know that you read their profile.
A smile emoticon by itself says very little. scratchchin Praying
Apr 7th 2014 new
I agree Victor.
Posts 1 - 10 of 33