Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Hello one and all, just thought I put this topic out there for you all to see, and to express your views on? When you have established good working communications with her, and rapport, it is wise to learn the space, and speed of her getting back to you. It takes time for this happen, on cannot get flooding her with messages, us men need to learn and respect her life, and give her the necessary space in which to assess our communications and respond in kind. Nature hold sway on this, and us men must realize this and be patient with her getting back to us. We must act in accordance with this pace, and be content with this. For when we have learn this, we both will feel a sense of equal footing, in all matters big or small. We have attain that level respect for her, and that she will in kind be more open with us and take us with new light of delight.
Mar 30th 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello one and all, just thought I put this topic out there for you all to see, and to express your views on? When you have established good working communications with her, and rapport, it is wise to learn the space, and speed of her getting back to you. It takes time for this happen, on cannot get flooding her with messages, us men need to learn and respect her life, and give her the necessary space in which to assess our communications and respond in kind. Nature hold sway on this, and us men must realize this and be patient with her getting back to us. We must act in accordance with this pace, and be content with this. For when we have learn this, we both will feel a sense of equal footing, in all matters big or small. We have attain that level respect for her, and that she will in kind be more open with us and take us with new light of delight.
Good subject, William. Ladies discuss this same thing from their standpoint. Some suggest always waiting 24 to 48 hours to respond to his messages but that can feel like a put off or a game. Ladies like to be pursued but don't want to be overwhelmed or alarmed. We also are not attracted to someone who seems desperate or that he has no life except messages to us; that can be creepy. If the man is too inconsistent or slow in messaging however, the lady may 'move on' at least in her heart deciding he is not into her or doesn't have what she needs in terms of being there.

I will be interested to see the posts here.
Mar 30th 2014 new
(quote) William-888220 said: Hello one and all, just thought I put this topic out there for you all to see, and to express your views on? When you have established good working communications with her, and rapport, it is wise to learn the space, and speed of her getting back to you. It takes time for this happen, on cannot get flooding her with messages, us men need to learn and respect her life, and give her the necessary space in which to assess our communications and respond in kind. Nature hold sway on this, and us men must realize this and be patient with her getting back to us. We must act in accordance with this pace, and be content with this. For when we have learn this, we both will feel a sense of equal footing, in all matters big or small. We have attain that level respect for her, and that she will in kind be more open with us and take us with new light of delight.
Unfortunately (for us guys, although it''s probably fortunate for mankind as a whole), women set the pace in any relationship; there is no getting around this.

Although I certainly wouldn''t flood a woman with e-mails, I make it a point to respond to hers as soon as is reasonably possible. If she responds at the place of her time and choosing, we''re still there for her. If we respond at the time and place of our choosing, she may detect a lack of interest and move on. It''s just the way it is.

Mar 30th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Some suggest always waiting 24 to 48 hours to respond to his messages...
Right... and then you women wonder why the men on this site lose all interest in communicating with you and move on because you're swapping, at most, 2 messages a week. I can tell you for certain that I do, especially when I see these people online every time I log-on to the site. If I find my physical body aging faster than the pace of communication, I make certain the communication comes to an end before my body does.

I don't take anyone's time for granted nor will I allow anyone to do so with me. If you wish to communicate then communicate. If not then don't. It isn't all that difficult a proposition, if you ask me. It certainly isn't rocket science. If you're communicating with 30 other people, fine. Do as you wish. I won't take-up your time. I'll gladly excuse myself from the candy store. I have better things to do than to sit on the shelf waiting for passing shoppers to stop and compare me to the other items on the shelf anyway.



theheart
Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Victor-544727 said: I don't take anyone's time for granted nor will I allow anyone to do so with me. If you wish to communicate then communicate. If not then don't. It isn't all that difficult a proposition, if you ask me. It certainly isn't rocket science. If you're communicating with 30 other people, fine. Do as you wish. I won't take-up your time. I'll gladly excuse myself from the candy store. I have better things to do than to sit on the shelf waiting for passing shoppers to stop and compare me to the other items on the shelf anyway.




A thousand thank you's for this post!

I am glad someone is standing up for us men. Sometimes I get a feeling from reading Catholic Match that everything is always about what the woman wants. ("Men should always open the door for women, etc.")
Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1022284 said: A thousand thank you's for this post!

I am glad someone is standing up for us men. Sometimes I get a feeling from reading Catholic Match that everything is always about what the woman wants. ("Men should always open the door for women, etc.")
Yeah, well, um, some have said that women members here far outweigh the number of male members. So your candy shop metaphor goes both ways pal! (In other more direct language: men may well have the advantage in this environment.)

tongue
Mar 31st 2014 new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: Yeah, well, um, some have said that women members here far outweigh the number of male members.

Sara, your commment got me thinking, and after a search came up with the following info that in my opinion fully supports the number of women signed up exceeds that of the men:

The search I performed was within a 100 mile radius of where I live here in MD, and in no way scientific. The population within 100 miles of me will certainly be different for many other cities - as will the break down of males to females.

  • Age 18-25 F: 649 ~ 63% M: 388 ~ 37%
  • Age 26-30 F: 849 ~ 55% M: 700 ~ 45%
  • Age 31-35 F: 782 ~ 56% M: 606 ~ 44%
  • Age 36-40 F: 616 ~ 58% M: 440 ~ 42%
  • Age 41-45 F: 595 ~ 54% M: 503 ~ 46%
  • Age 46-50 F: 615 ~ 53% M: 545 ~ 47%
  • Age 51-55 F: 751 ~ 60% M: 501 ~ 40%
  • Age 56-60 F: 626 ~ 62% M: 376 ~ 38%
  • Age 61-65 F: 488 ~ 68% M: 229 ~ 32%
  • Age 66-70 F: 314 ~ 68% M: 145 ~ 32%
  • Age 71-80 F: 198 ~ 63% M: 114 ~ 37%
  • Age 81-99 F: 14 ~ 36% M: 25 ~ 64%
So unless you are over 80 around here the men seem to have the advantage.



Mar 31st 2014 new
My apologies for the excessive white-space at the end of previous post - was not aware of it being there when I posted.
Mar 31st 2014 new
Personally, if I receive a message from someone whom I'm interested in communicating, i read the message and try to respond right away. I don't understand waiting -- unless of course it takes time to answer more fully or deeply. Then, I guess, I savor the message, think how to respond, and write back when I have time to do it justice. I see no reason to play any headgames with anyone's heart.
Apr 5th 2014 new
(quote) Sara-979131 said: Yeah, well, um, some have said that women members here far outweigh the number of male members. 

  
So, then, perhaps the ladies should be doing something to appease the men once in a while if they wish to gain our attention?
Posts 1 - 10 of 29