Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Bill Gates and Eugenics?

Apr 6th 2014 new
What do you think of this topic of Bill Gates and eugenics? It's true Planned Parenthood started with that concept.
www.youtube.com
Apr 6th 2014 new
(quote) Marita-847688 said: What do you think of this topic of Bill Gates and eugenics? It's true Planned Parenthood started with that concept.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coHf5UEFUl8
Margaret Sanger was an avowed eugenicist, vocal and outspoken and admired by Hitler. She minced no words on who she felt was worthy of procreating and who was not.

Is Bill Gates a eugenicist? I would say absolutely not. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (bottom link) provides prenatal, maternal and infant care for women in developing counties. The idea that vaccinations are an avenue for eugenic programs is ludicrous. I have included some links below. The first is a history of the polio vaccine, from this site you can also access a large number of articles about all vaccines, the science of vaccination, misconceptions of vaccines, the history of the anti-vaccine movement, etc. The second link takes you to an article on the efficacy of inactivated polio vaccine. The third link is probably the most important to read, as it address polio eradication efforts in India and what the issues are and where and how side effects occur -- it is basically in the use of the OPV vs the less effective IVP. . .OPV using Sabine viruses is necessary to eradicate the wild polio viruses 1, 2 and 3. the IPV is less effective against the wild types. However, the strategy is a two phase process, phase one uses the OPV to eradicate the wild polio viruses, which is then switched to the IPV form of vaccination after that. Because the Sabie OPV uses viruses it can result in vaccine acquired viruses (shed in the feces of an inoculated child and infecting most often non-inoculated children.) This is disucced in link three. An important read.

Link four is about GMO's. I would like to point out that with an increase in the use of organic farming, we have seen an increase in intestinal parasite infections in areas where these had been eradicated --- must wash really well. ..

The final link is to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation page for their program for maternal and child health.

If you have children, and vaccinate, which I would encourage everyone to do, you will note that the information they give you highlights the potential side effects. As with all medical interventions the benefits must be weighed against the risks and in all of these cases the benefits have been demonstrated to far outweigh the risks. I understand people wanting to do the best for their children. But, I have been increasingly concerned over much of the rhetoric against vaccination.

Vaccination works by understanding the immune system and working within its constraints. Do you know the the first attempts at vaccination were undertaken during the medieval period to combat the cattle Plagues that were decimating European herds. Not only were vaccinations attempted, but strict disease management protocols were developed -- by none other than the Pope's Veterinarian -- these protocols remain to this day when dealing with such outbreaks. Earlier human vaccinations began in attempts to inoculate people against the Pox -- small incisions were made in the skin and the scab from an infected individual was placed inside the incision. Vaccination has a long history. Today we have a vaccine for the chicken pox, but even thirty years ago, parents were advised to expose their kiddos to their friends who had contracted it, to get it out of the way, better to have the chicken pox as a kiddo than as an adult, even so, chicken pox can have serious effects as well.

www.historyofvaccines.org

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

www.webmd.com

www.gatesfoundation.org


Apr 6th 2014 new
However, Bill Gates' father was involved with planned parenthood. I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Apr 7th 2014 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Margaret Sanger was an avowed eugenicist, vocal and outspoken and admired by Hitler. She minced no words on who she felt was worthy of procreating and who was not.

Is Bill Gates a eugenicist? I would say absolutely not. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (bottom link) provides prenatal, maternal and infant care for women in developing counties. The idea that vaccinations are an avenue for eugenic programs is ludicrous. I have included some links below. The first is a history of the polio vaccine, from this site you can also access a large number of articles about all vaccines, the science of vaccination, misconceptions of vaccines, the history of the anti-vaccine movement, etc. The second link takes you to an article on the efficacy of inactivated polio vaccine. The third link is probably the most important to read, as it address polio eradication efforts in India and what the issues are and where and how side effects occur -- it is basically in the use of the OPV vs the less effective IVP. . .OPV using Sabine viruses is necessary to eradicate the wild polio viruses 1, 2 and 3. the IPV is less effective against the wild types. However, the strategy is a two phase process, phase one uses the OPV to eradicate the wild polio viruses, which is then switched to the IPV form of vaccination after that. Because the Sabie OPV uses viruses it can result in vaccine acquired viruses (shed in the feces of an inoculated child and infecting most often non-inoculated children.) This is disucced in link three. An important read.

Link four is about GMO's. I would like to point out that with an increase in the use of organic farming, we have seen an increase in intestinal parasite infections in areas where these had been eradicated --- must wash really well. ..

The final link is to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation page for their program for maternal and child health.

If you have children, and vaccinate, which I would encourage everyone to do, you will note that the information they give you highlights the potential side effects. As with all medical interventions the benefits must be weighed against the risks and in all of these cases the benefits have been demonstrated to far outweigh the risks. I understand people wanting to do the best for their children. But, I have been increasingly concerned over much of the rhetoric against vaccination.

Vaccination works by understanding the immune system and working within its constraints. Do you know the the first attempts at vaccination were undertaken during the medieval period to combat the cattle Plagues that were decimating European herds. Not only were vaccinations attempted, but strict disease management protocols were developed -- by none other than the Pope's Veterinarian -- these protocols remain to this day when dealing with such outbreaks. Earlier human vaccinations began in attempts to inoculate people against the Pox -- small incisions were made in the skin and the scab from an infected individual was placed inside the incision. Vaccination has a long history. Today we have a vaccine for the chicken pox, but even thirty years ago, parents were advised to expose their kiddos to their friends who had contracted it, to get it out of the way, better to have the chicken pox as a kiddo than as an adult, even so, chicken pox can have serious effects as well.

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/timelines/polio

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2536153/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3734678/#!po=22.9730

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/are-biotech-foods-safe-to-eat

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/What-We-Do/Global-Development/Maternal-Neonatal-and-Child-Health


There is no doubt that the Gates Foundation has done a lot of good.

However, Mr.Gates and his supposedly Catholic wife, Melinda, are ardent supporters of contraception, Planned Parenthood and a women's reproductive rights meaning abortion.

Thje Gates Foundation is also the originator of the Common Core program for education. It is at the very least a very controversial program and generally look with disfavor within the Church, although their are many dioceses that have adopted it in their parochial schools.
Apr 26th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: There is no doubt that the Gates Foundation has done a lot of good.

However, Mr.Gates and his supposedly Catholic wife, Melinda, are ardent supporters of contraception, Planned Parenthood and a women's reproductive rights meaning abortion.

Thje Gates Foundation is also the originator of the Common Core program for education. It is at the very least a very controversial program and generally look with disfavor within the Church, although their are many dioceses that have adopted it in their parochial schools.
Bill Gates on Overpopulation www.youtube.com

A Criticism of this talk: www.youtube.com


Apr 26th 2014 new
God's first commandment to us was to be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it." (Gen 1:28). As complicated as the issue of "overpopulation" is, and as trendy as it is now to all agree that there are "too many people," it's still His world and as far as I know he hasn't given a commandment to stop being fruitful.

The Gateses and their multiple projects give me the creeps. From crafting and funding and promoting Common Core, to their vaccination crusade, to their championing of "reproductive rights" (abortion), to the geoengineering no one not in the technocratic elite has a clue what it's about but all signs point to Gates and his urgency to reduce human numbers and/or the climate -- it's all playing God.

Eugenics has a long and sordid history. It was Sanger's and Hitler's bag and it never went away. I

Sorry, but I don't trust a thing about him or his agenda.


Apr 27th 2014 new
(quote) Hope-1049882 said: God's first commandment to us was to be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it." (Gen 1:28). As complicated as the issue of "overpopulation" is, and as trendy as it is now to all agree that there are "too many people," it's still His world and as far as I know he hasn't given a commandment to stop being fruitful.

The Gateses and their multiple projects give me the creeps. From crafting and funding and promoting Common Core, to their vaccination crusade, to their championing of "reproductive rights" (abortion), to the geoengineering no one not in the technocratic elite has a clue what it's about but all signs point to Gates and his urgency to reduce human numbers and/or the climate -- it's all playing God.

Eugenics has a long and sordid history. It was Sanger's and Hitler's bag and it never went away. I

Sorry, but I don't trust a thing about him or his agenda.


thumbsup You do have a way with words!
Apr 27th 2014 new
It has been said that the so called Polio shots he is giving away in third world countries are really birth control sterilization shots. So, I don't think he wants more people in the world. I think he just hides it better than others.
Apr 27th 2014 new
The very concept of overpopulation is a farce, but the idea of separating or eliminating segments of the population and the use of ethnic cleansing is well established as both common and very evil. If there is a problem dealing with the concentration of people on this earth, it is a matter of distribution, rather than sheer numbers.
Apr 27th 2014 new
Gates' buddy Warren Buffett is big on population control and reduction, too. "Establishment" oligarchs in the US have a long history of supporting eugenics and population control. The Rockfeller Foundation funded eugenics projects in Germany even after the Nazis had risen to power.

Read this info on the International Eugenics Conferences and look at the names of the people who supported these conferences: en.wikipedia.org Lunatic US President Teddy Roosevelt, the Harrimans of Union Pacific Railroad, as well as assorted low-lifes from the British Empire. What annoys me is American outrage at what the Nazis did. The whole Nazi project should be labeled "made in America and Great Britain."

Posts 1 - 10 of 17