Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I admit I was very slow to catch on to this and in my early 30s was rather embarrassing to learn the hard way. However for the very way I felt, it only places all the more emphasis on that its also good manners to extend one the courtesy of calling upon at least some degree of the proper social graces as for a true lady or gentleman should be always their foremost thought.

As for my dear mother who is now with God.

Back when she was a girl felt that a guy could just go whistle if he wanted her to call him back and no doubt her parents would have given him an earful if he expected that!

This made sense to me, particularly in my case because it was always long distance due to the sacristy of the single women in my area, they all lived in the city and leaving a message saying Ill try again later. I learned this was a bad mistake and was a bit stunned when she did pick up the phone, said Paul please dont call me anymore then hung up and that was it, but not without telling other women about the incident who also didnt understand. That I was trying to do the right thing! Also when a friend told me how many of them have so many free minutes that they dont use and they could have easily called me this was another shock because for me it was always so expensive.

As the years passed I watched caller ID and answering machines give way to cell phones and texting opened a new door to communicate yet be unobtrusive bridging that gap and for some people I never think to call and always text first.

I feel all these things enabled people to set new boundaries however at first attracted by those who were inclined to take themselves a bit to seriously thus in the process of embracing them, departed from practicing the proper social amenities because they had the info they needed and in our societies never ending pursuit of efficiency the unvarnished truth is till the newness wears of our toys the realization in how the new acceptable behavior is desensitizing us will prompt the question Is it really all worth it?

Its my hope someday that asking folks for directions wont end with them turning their backs or asking a woman to dance and rather then a simple no thank you walk away and after standing with a dumb look on her face have her girlfriend translate the obvious in English !

Perhaps it was rude to ask, and a kindly policeman gave me a few tips on body language what my mother thought was absolutely ridiculous but not all women are this way and some can make a no feel almost as good as a yes and make me glad I asked and it all really took so little time!

The other side is respecting peoples boundaries

Its said in our country we have few social rules but are highly intolerant of those who break them and many of the things that are deemed to be acceptable or unacceptable behavior often amazes me as I have found them to be held up with just as much in acceptance or rejection of true Christian ways.

Apr 9th 2014 new
I think that we should reply if only with a "thank you" and good luck in your search. message. That is my goal from now on.
Apr 13th 2014 new
I

I agree Claire and what or wherever the circumstances might be ,a short polite response is all that is needed !

Paul

Apr 13th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-99681 said: I admit I was very slow to catch on to this and in my early 30s was rather embarrassing to learn the hard way. However for the very way I felt, it only places all the more emphasis on that its also good manners to extend one the courtesy of calling upon at least some degree of the proper social graces as for a true lady or gentleman should be always their foremost thought. I feel all these things enabled people to set new boundaries however at first attracted by those who were inclined to take themselves a bit to seriously thus in the process of embracing them, departed from practicing the proper social amenities because they had the info they needed and in our societies never ending pursuit of efficiency the unvarnished truth is till the newness wears of our toys the realization in how the new acceptable behavior is desensitizing us will prompt the question Is it really all worth it Its my hope someday that asking folks for directions wont end with them turning their backs..Perhaps it was rude to ask, and a kindly policeman gave me a few tips on body language what my mother thought was absolutely ridiculous but not all women are this way and some can make a no feel almost as good as a yes and make me glad I asked and it all really took so little time! The other side is respecting peoples boundaries. Its said in our country we have few social rules but are highly intolerant of those who break them and many of the things that are deemed to be acceptable or unacceptable behavior often amazes me as I have found them to be held up with just as much in acceptance or rejection of true Christian ways.
Paul hello. Ideally, it will be wonderful to receive replies and courtesies. Acting appropriate in a way that is socially acceptable, display of respect and consideration for others are good manners. These can help us to have better relationships with people we know, and those we will meet. If we want to have good manners, then we have to start and begin with ourselves, our interactions like cm messaging, phone etiquette, as well as to learn basic etiquette, which includes being polite and saying simple thank you. Good manners convey respect to those we interact with, and also commands respect from those we interact with. In our culture, good manners are a must and in our family, we observe and practise these. However, we vary in beliefs, culture and respect is equally important as we have to understand choices, ways of fellow indivduals. So it means that we have to be broad minded, learn to accept and deal with cases like no reply, no return calls and the like. We should not take it too personally. We just have to keep on moving forward and stay positive.
Apr 13th 2014 new

I agree Beng
Also I promise! I really have moved on. But I realize that it's easy to give the impression that Im living in the

Past by talking about it then yes even after this being said, many will probably I really do not only live in

The past but also Im hopelessly in denial about it! I try to be broad minded too but to me ignoring someone

Is the height of being rude in any place or culture!

In my family, my parents granted no leniency for bad manners and for often being complemented on mine

It was quite a jolt to be told that my behavior was unacceptable from a man who had a great deal of charm

And influence among the women but in my sisters and mothers opinion. They found him to be a crass and

Belligerent fellow.

I guess perhaps I may really be in denial to a certain point as this had always upset me and sometimes

You can unwittingly give someone all the ammo they need to use against you when you turn to them for

Advice and they laugh at you later on for being so foolish, I have learned to shrug off getting ignored and

Dont want to be rude by anyones standards so I assume that they did hear me and will ask someone else

For directions. I guess this more of a sensitive topic that I realized as well and perhaps a place where only a

few will boldly go and thats alright.

Better posting next time folks!

Paul!

ervices and
Posts 1 - 5 of 5