Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

let's talk about ice cream

Apr 8th 2014 new

take sherbet for instance, found several new flavors tonight.

watermelon,cantelope, honeydue, blood orange and pear cactus, peach and mango then there are the old familiar standbys of pineapple, lime and orange. what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

question: do you eat your ice cream / sherbet in a sugar cone, waffle bowl, bowl, cup, glass, or another way not presented here?

Favorite ice cream parlor? what makes it unique to keep you going back time and time again?Have you ever made your own ice cream in an old fashioned churn?

Ice cream is an all time favorite...everyone eats it no matter what time of year it is. hersheyskiss cookie

Mint chocolate chip and peppermint stick are two favorites of mine. let the churning begin......

Apr 8th 2014 new
Mmmm yum! Baskin Robbins chocolate chip on a sugar cone. I wish it wasn't so far away, otherwise I might go get one!
Apr 8th 2014 new
It depends on what kind of establishment I am at. At Dairy Queen, I prefer a banana split. At Baskin Robbins, cookies and cremem in a cup. At a buffet, cake topped with butter pecan. At a Greek grill, vanilla with baklava as topping. At the gas station, I will choose an ice cream sandwich with real chocolate chip cookies as the "bread", if you will. Ladies of Catholic Match, how would you like your gentleman to serve you your ice cream? With cake?
Apr 8th 2014 new
My favorite ice cream is from Marble Slab - Amaretto with fresh strawberries.

Second up is Blue Bell vanilla ice cream with sprinkles.
Apr 8th 2014 new
Dairy Queen once in a great while
Apr 8th 2014 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said:

take sherbet for instance, found several new flavors tonight.

watermelon,cantelope, honeydue, blood orange and pear cactus, peach and mango then there are the old familiar standbys of pineapple, lime and orange. what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

question: do you eat your ice cream / sherbet in a sugar cone, waffle bowl, bowl, cup, glass, or another way not presented here?

Favorite ice cream parlor? what makes it unique to keep you going back time and time again?Have you ever made your own ice cream in an old fashioned churn?

Ice cream is an all time favorite...everyone eats it no matter what time of year it is.

Mint chocolate chip and peppermint stick are two favorites of mine. let the churning begin......

We don't have any out here in Oklahoma, but my favorite ice cream shops were back in New Jersey. I especially remember a place called "Minuteman" and I think it was in Basking Ridge, or maybe Bernardsville, New Jersey. We also went to Taylor's Ice Cream parlor in Chester, NJ. My favorite flavor? Either Black Raspberry or Chocolate Marshmallow (the kind with ribbons of marshmallow cream running through, not the kind that just has little mini-marshmallows in it). Since there are only chain ice cream places here and I can't get Black Raspberry, I usually go for Mint Chip. Most of the time, I just get it in a cup to save a few calories, but if I get a cone, it's a sugar cone.

I remember my parents going to a place called the Denville Dairy when I was really young and they'd get pints of ice cream in the square paper containers. I think, if I remember correctly, it was a real working dairy and they'd take me to see the cows. Or maybe the cows were just at a farm near our home. Can't remember exactly. Maybe someone around my age from northern NJ will remember.

Apr 8th 2014 new
Haagen Dazs... Vanilla /Almond ice cream bars .. a great Deal from Costco.
I love coming home from work and snacking on one..or two, but gave them up for Lent. weeping
Apr 8th 2014 new
During Lent! You are mean! weeping laughing laughing laughing tongue
Apr 8th 2014 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: During Lent! You are mean!
First the Meat Thread ,now Ice cream! hissyfit hyper hyper hyper clap laughing laughing laughing
Apr 9th 2014 new

Peanut butter chocolate for me, please. You cannot beat the great tasting home made ice cream at Good's Chocolates here in Anderson, IN.

Favorite: Any flavor - trust me on this!

Posts 1 - 10 of 81