Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

We are all on here to find a soulmate, or at least that is what we claim. But while we are waiting to find everlasting love, what are we doing?

I will start. When I was a teen, I dreamed of writing the "Great American Novel." However, I told myself all the reasons I could never do it. Over the years, I dabbled with writing. I wrote a couple of children's stories but never submitted them for publication. I wrote short stories and then placed them in the trash. I started blogging about everything and nothing. Last Fall, I dusted off that dream and enrolled in an on-line writing course. I wrote a flash-fiction piece for one of the assignments that I knew I could turn into a collection of short stories. Yesterday, I started the second e-course, and the express goal of this course is to have a first draft of a novel completed by the end of the 10-week course. So, wheeeee!!!! Off I go. I don't know if my collection will be good or garbage, but I am so very excited about nurturing the creative side of my life.

I also purchased a Canon T4i last year and then became too intimidated to actually use it. I, shamefacedly admit, I do not like to read manuals. I am more of a "this sort of looks like how it's supposed to work/be put together/be used" kind of gal. Most of the time, I can get by that way, I mean, how hard is it to put together a book shelf, or a storage shed? But this camera, I knew I was going to have to read the instructions, and anything technical puts me to sleep. However, last weekend, I dusted it off, snapped on the lens, fiddled with settings, and photographed my children playing soccer. Now, I have no idea what settings I used so don't ask me, and I will read the manual, but I have to say my photos came out pretty well, and I had fun. Again, it felt good to nurture my creative side.

So what about you? Any particular interests you are nurturing "while you wait?"
Apr 9th 2014 new
I will simply state that continual and daily self-improvement is extremely important to me; at present I am perusing the NEC.
Apr 9th 2014 new
(quote) Kimberlie-1059215 said:

So what about you? Any particular interests you are nurturing "while you wait?"
Just working on getting my children to heaven.
Transitioning from working to pay the bills to a "career" mentality.
Dancing. A lot.

Apr 9th 2014 new
working a lot, doing exercise, trying to know my friends better, socializing a little more . I am praying too and attending to lent reunions in my parish.
Apr 9th 2014 new
I belong to 4 meetup groups that go dancing, attend concerts, play board games and go to events, among other things. I go to the movies alone if no one wants to go, read, take photos, read world news, research stuff on the internet, visit my mom in a nursing home 3 times a week, go dancing and check out local bars that have music. I go to outdoor concerts each weekend in the summer, and basically say hi to guys at coffee shops and yes, in the grocery store. I also like to keep a clean house, cook, and have friends over. It would be great to meet someone, but I intend to have fun while I'm working on it!
Apr 9th 2014 new
(quote) Bonnie-1074100 said: I belong to 4 meetup groups that go dancing, attend concerts, play board games and go to events, among other things. I go to the movies alone if no one wants to go, read, take photos, read world news, research stuff on the internet, visit my mom in a nursing home 3 times a week, go dancing and check out local bars that have music. I go to outdoor concerts each weekend in the summer, and basically say hi to guys at coffee shops and yes, in the grocery store. I also like to keep a clean house, cook, and have friends over. It would be great to meet someone, but I intend to have fun while I'm working on it!
  • Devoting more time to prayer
  • Active in a Catholic ministry
  • Saturating myself in the Bible as well as spiritual reading
  • Nurturing my relationships
God is so good and is worthy of our Praise. Dove
Apr 9th 2014 new

Bravo, Bonnie.

Right on. You will succeede. Congrata.

Philip

Apr 9th 2014 new
Thanks, Phillip! One of my favorite phrases is "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."
Apr 9th 2014 new

Bonnie

I ventured up to Pittsburgh and Valerie ventured down to South Carolina

Yes we got maried and this Good Friday will be the one year anniversary of her Funeral Service.

I am still venturing. never say never.

God love

Philip

Apr 9th 2014 new
Hello!!!:)

I am keeping myself busy with work. getting my health/fitness better, spending time with friends and family, and trying to be more involved in youth groups/activities at my local parish!!! :) wave
Posts 1 - 10 of 19