Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Apr 9th 2014 new
My son Gerard intends to marry a wonderful girl{Shanelle} in October. It is Spring here in Australia and since I was married then I know it can get quite hot. This is the sixth of my children to marry> The last one to marry was Susannah last October. I have lost 20lbs and still losing but guess I will still be a bit "chubby" even by October.I have been given "permission" to wear lavender but have't a clue what style. Maybe there are websites but I don't know of any. Would it wrong to wear cream?
Apr 9th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: My son Gerard intends to marry a wonderful girl{Shanelle} in October. It is Spring here in Australia and since I was married then I know it can get quite hot. This is the sixth of my children to marry> The last one to marry was Susannah last October. I have lost 20lbs and still losing but guess I will still be a bit "chubby" even by October.I have been given "permission" to wear lavender but have't a clue what style. Maybe there are websites but I don't know of any. Would it wrong to wear cream?

Hi Clair. Many blessing to you and your son on your upcoming nuptials. You must be truly excited!

Here is a link that will help you decide:

www.youtube.com

Best of luck to you all.

Apr 9th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: My son Gerard intends to marry a wonderful girl{Shanelle} in October. It is Spring here in Australia and since I was married then I know it can get quite hot. This is the sixth of my children to marry> The last one to marry was Susannah last October. I have lost 20lbs and still losing but guess I will still be a bit "chubby" even by October.I have been given "permission" to wear lavender but have't a clue what style. Maybe there are websites but I don't know of any. Would it wrong to wear cream?
Congratulations to your son! You will have another daughter, how exciting!

Lavender is a beautiful color and will look very good on you. There are many styles that are tasteful and conservative. If you are concerned about the weight issue, I would avoid a "suit" as most are form fitting and man-made fibers. Keep to the natural fibers (cottons, woven linen's) as they breathe better than the man made fibers. If it is a blend, (cotton/poly), look for a much higher percentage of the natural fiber, it won't wrinkle as much and will also still breathe. Make sure your "unmentionables" are also natural fibers (slips, etc). No hose and open toe shoes will also keep you from overheating (treat yourself to a pedicure!)

Good luck on your shopping expedition!
Apr 9th 2014 new
(quote) Claire-247015 said: Maybe there are websites but I don't know of any. Would it wrong to wear cream?
Oh yes, there are websites! Google for
Mother of the groom dresses

Then click images instead of web for the results and you will find a lot!
You can add lavender or cream to the search bar as well.
Here's an example. Not sure if it will work for you.
This search is for lavender mother of the groom dress
www.google.com.
Apr 10th 2014 new
Well thanks ladies this is great information.
Jun 13th 2014 new
wave Hi Claire! My son is getting married in October as well. Time for my shopping expedition also. biggrin princess
Sep 22nd new
Whatever you do, DON'T dress like the Queen Mum!!! I've seen some awfully dowdy Mother-of-the-groom outfits. Something stylish and appropriate is best. Nothing to upstage any of the wedding party. There's nothing wrong with cream - except that, depending on the background, it may not show up well in photos.
Oct 5th new
Here it is in October 5 and I am going back over the links. I haven't lost the amount of weight I wanted to so am going to order the dress asap Thanks so much for all the help. Who said CM was only about finding a spouse/
Oct 5th new

The good news is, hardly anyone pays any attention to the mother of the groom!

As long as it's flattering and a bit dressy...whatever! (And, I wouldn't be railroaded into wearing lavender unless it suited me. Personally, I find all shades of purple depessing.)

Posts 1 - 10 of 13