Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

What song and/or band do you really like and it could make you feel embarrassed or awkward if your new CM connection found out about it? For example, I like the bands ABBA and The Partridge Family, the singer John Denver, the song "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers and the soundtrack from the Movie "Grease". I know a lot of guys would roll their eyes and would never think of dancing or singing to these bands and songs and would run into the night screaming if they have to hear this music.

I am fairly confident with myself and I can make light of my "guilt pleasures" in the music area but it could cause some apprehension and anxiety for a new relationship to see these types of bands and songs on play lists, cd collections and record collections.

Just for fun, folks, what are your thoughts?

Apr 12th 2014 new
Two of them...:-). Andy Williams 'Happy Heart' and Tony Orlando ' Knock Three Times'... I love 'em...I don't care. :-) :-) Great thread! This could get fun...
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Bridget-884672 said:

What song and/or band do you really like and it could make you feel embarrassed or awkward if your new CM connection found out about it? For example, I like the bands ABBA and The Partridge Family, the singer John Denver, the song "Saturday Night" by the Bay City Rollers and the soundtrack from the Movie "Grease". I know a lot of guys would roll their eyes and would never think of dancing or singing to these bands and songs and would run into the night screaming if they have to hear this music.

I am fairly confident with myself and I can make light of my "guilt pleasures" in the music area but it could cause some apprehension and anxiety for a new relationship to see these types of bands and songs on play lists, cd collections and record collections.

Just for fun, folks, what are your thoughts?

Actually to me the only music I would be embarrassed about, Would be music with foul language, sex, drugs, etc Of course I do not enjoy that music and you asked if it were a favorite song or band. I have a very eclectic taste in music and I have listened to everyone you mentioned,
Apr 12th 2014 new
'Favorite' songs can depend on many variables. I enjoy so many.
Apr 12th 2014 new
This is by no means a favorite, but Lauryn Hill's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. Or Steel Pulse comes to mind as well.
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Meg-920823 said: Two of them...:-). Andy Williams 'Happy Heart' and Tony Orlando ' Knock Three Times'... I love 'em...I don't care. :-) :-) Great thread! This could get fun...
That does it! irked Its over between us, Meg.
Apr 12th 2014 new
You are My Sunshine
Danny Boy
Battle Hymn of the Republic
When Sunny gets Blue (Johnny Mathis)

For various reasons, and they sometimes cause water to get in my eye
(as tough as I am).
Apr 12th 2014 new
Those are beautiful! I especially love Danny Boy.
Apr 12th 2014 new
I like many of those done by Barely A Man At All...that is what he is often called....sigh. Barry Manilow. eyebrow
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Tom-54311 said: That does it! Its over between us, Meg.
Seriously?? So much for me, being me! boggled
Posts 1 - 10 of 36