Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I've been discussing deal breakers with a friend of mine. She could not have a relationship with someone because of normal stuff like abuse, addiction, etc. She was kind of surprised to hear my deal breaker: I could not have a relationship with a man who does not (at the very least) live in the same province/state as his child/children. My daughter's father has lived away since she was 8 months old and I have witnessed the damage that that causes. The only exception would be if someone is in the military or, as is common where I live, finding full-time year-round work can be difficult/impossible. What are your thoughts on this?
Apr 12th 2014 new
My deal breaker is someone who is needy and clingy (meaning, they need constant reassurance and constant communication from me). If I get numerous phone calls and emails everyday from someone, I will feel smothered and caged-in and I will view it as stalking and being possessive and controlling. If I can not leave the house for a few hours to run errands or spend 8 hours at work without lots of calls on my cell, I will have to say "Hit The Road Jack".
Apr 12th 2014 new
Call me a germaphobe but if a woman has cold sores that is a deal breaker for me. shocked
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: Call me a germaphobe but if a woman has cold sores that is a deal breaker for me.
Holy cow, I wasn't expecting this response eyepopping Yeppers, I totally understand, sir.
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Brett-848238 said: Call me a germaphobe but if a woman has cold sores that is a deal breaker for me.
On Plenty of Fish last year some guy asked that women with sexually transmitted infections not message him. A woman replied "Way to raise the bar there, guy!" :)
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Paul-1049651 said: On Plenty of Fish last year some guy asked that women with sexually transmitted infections not message him. A woman replied "Way to raise the bar there, guy!" :)
Wow. Good response.
Apr 12th 2014 new
I think I heard of a similar request, I believe it was a woman and she wanted a man who was "drug and disease free".
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Charles-976166 said: I think I heard of a similar request, I believe it was a woman and she wanted a man who was "drug and disease free".
Yes, or that he or she is not physically abusive..or wanted by the authorities...
Apr 12th 2014 new
(quote) Ellen-813688 said: I've been discussing deal breakers with a friend of mine. She could not have a relationship with someone because of normal stuff like abuse, addiction, etc. She was kind of surprised to hear my deal breaker: I could not have a relationship with a man who does not (at the very least) live in the same province/state as his child/children. My daughter's father has lived away since she was 8 months old and I have witnessed the damage that that causes. The only exception would be if someone is in the military or, as is common where I live, finding full-time year-round work can be difficult/impossible. What are your thoughts on this?
Aside from the big ones mentioned here: abusive (in any form), drug addiction or alcoholism., I would have to say,

Someone who is ugly to others and lacks a spirit of generosity in their dealings with other people. And, by generosity I don't mean monetarily, I mean in graciousness and kindness and acceptance of others.
Apr 12th 2014 new
I imagine most people on Catholic Match are looking for some sort of companionship. For example, I've come to dread weekends because I have no one to talk to anymore. Wouldn't it be easier to talk to the person instead? Perhaps say "Don't call me at X o'clock because I'm busy"?
Posts 1 - 10 of 104